If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
VitorJesus
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Just developing

Re: Flash Builder 4 does not have the "BlackBerry Tablet AIR Application".

Liliana, I reinstalled everything from scratch. It works :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
reumerd
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

I've tried all the suggestions from this thread and forum, but the Debug configuration still doesn't show up in my Eclipse IDE.

I've installed Eclipse Helios 3.6.1

With Flash Builder Plugin 4.0.1

Extracted the Adobe Air SDK 2.5 into the sdks directory in the directory sdks\AdobeAirSDK\

Installed the Tablet OS SDK for Adobe Air

I can propely create the AIRHelloWorld application and also use the manual .bat builder to compile and load my application in the VM PlayBook, where it works as designed.

But I can't find the Debug option for the PlayBook Tablet OS as mentionned in the getting started documentation.

What might I be missing ?

Windows 7 32 bit.

Many thanks for any help.

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
andyjin
My Device: Not Specified

In the Tablet OS SDK installed folder, there is a sub-folder "Eclipse", inside it there is a file called "blackberry-tablet-sdk.link". Copy this file to your Eclipse 3.6.1 "dropins" folder, restart your Eclipse IDE you should see the PlayBook Tablet OS SDK in your launch config.

Please use plain text.
Developer
reumerd
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

" In the Tablet OS SDK installed folder, there is a sub-folder "Eclipse", inside it there is a file called "blackberry-tablet-sdk.link". Copy this file to your Eclipse 3.6.1 "dropins" folder, restart your Eclipse IDE you should see the PlayBook Tablet OS SDK in your launch config. "

Thanks, that was the solution ! (I was also thinking in this directorion ;-) .)

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
Developer
VitorJesus
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Just developing

Thanks Andy, I was going to prepare an Eclipse installation (eclipse is really my thing). Good to know the tricks before I do it :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Aaronius

I've tried everything with no love.  I've tried re-installing many a time.  I've tried copying "blackberry-tablet-sdk.link" into dropins.  I've tried importing a launch configuring outlined here: http://renaun.com/blog/2010/10/flash-builder-preview-launch-configurations-for-blackberry-tablet-os-....  Nothing seems to make the launch config appear.  I have the emulator working, etc.  Any other ideas?  I'm using the Flash Builder Plug-in.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

You have to copy link into "dropins" folder of eclipse, not in "adobe plugins" folder,

is that what you did?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tdbrian
My Device: Tablet

Thank you Shawn!!! After two days of trying to figure it out your solution was the only thing that worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Hithredin
My Device: Z10 Red
My Carrier: Free

Many thanks andyjin

Please use plain text.
Contributor
turbidity

Shawn, yours is the first solution that has gotten me any closer. I can finally run my app on the VMWare simulator. Is there a way to configure it to do debugging as well? None of the other solutions offered here have worked for me. The only thing left is to reinstall Flash Builder plug-in to move from 4 to 4.0.1, which I'd prefer to avoid. Regardless, thanks for this!

Please use plain text.