Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
noahnu
My Device: Blackberry Tablet OS

Flash Builder takes a while to install application in simulator

Hello,

I have one quick question. When I have made a change to my application in Adobe Flash Builder and click run so that I can run it in the vmware simulator, it takes a while to load. I am just curious can I speed up this process by getting a faster computer or is it a limitation with the software/simulator?

If I were to get a quad core with 8GB of RAM vs my current duo core with 4GB of RAM, would the loading be faster?

Thanks

Noah

From,
Noah NU
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PBDev
My Device: Free PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Flash Builder takes a while to install application in simulator

How long is it taking? I have 4GB dual core too and it only takes a few seconds to install and run.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Most run their applications as an AIR application and just use the simulator to verify things.  That should speed things up for you.

Please use plain text.
Developer
noahnu
My Device: Blackberry Tablet OS

Thanks its now practically instant.

From,
Noah NU
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

(Absolute numbers are always good in a problem report, instead of phrases like "a while"... :smileyhappy: )

Anyway, if it takes more than 5s to load, like maybe 20s or something, you're probably suffering from a problem involving the simulator doing a reverse DNS lookup on the host machine's IP address.  This issue was identified in a different thread that you can read up on.  Basically if your host machine isn't connected to the internet you'll probably see this problem.  There are several ways to solve it.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.