If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
Idlemedia
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Wifi

Flash CS6/AIR App fails to launch

Hello All.

With BB10 finally around the corner, we decided to return to the world of BB and begin to port our apps. We work in CS6, and one of the first hurdles was getting things to work since CS6 doesn't officially support AIR 3.1

I believe (with the help of member here) got the swf to compile properly as swfdump shows:

<swf xmlns='http://macromedia/2003/swfx' version='14' framerate='30' size='15360x25600' compressed='false' >

However, as before (just building in AIR 3.5) the app will install to the device, but will not actually launch (pretends to launch, then returns to icons list). We've tried bundling the Graphical AID as well as command line -- using variations of the below:

blackberry-airpackager -devMode -debugToken "DebugToken.bar" -package MyApp.bar -installApp -launchApp -forceAirVersion 3.1 -device IP_ADDRESS -password DEVICE_PASS MyApp-app.xml MyApp.swf icon57x57.png icon114x114.png splash.png anes\*.ane

We've tried the above without -forceAirVersion, with and without the anes etc. All results in the same. The .bar being used was built and signed with the Graphical Aid.

Anyone else have experience here?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Idlemedia

Re: Flash CS6/AIR App fails to launch

I'll also add, that in case it's something with the device, I tried to install to the simulator as well, but can't seem to get a proper IP address for that. I wish I'd at least get an error message telling me why the app won't launch.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
DitoAu
My Device: Alpha C
My Carrier: claro

Hi.  Do you have some warning result after  "successfully"  build with Graphical Aid.?

Also At the web room where is hosted the portbb10  could help? do you aks there.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Idlemedia

Hi DitoAu,

I am not sure what the web room is that you mentioned? Can you clarify?

There are no errors after the build. Here's the output:

Info: Bar signed.
Info: Signing successful (RDK)
Info: Bar signed.
Info: Signing successful (AUTHOR)

Please use plain text.
New Developer
DitoAu

[ Edited ]

ok. here is

retry the loging. , please re post here.

thax.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Idlemedia

[ Edited ]

Thanks, I'll try that.

*edit* blah, a bunch of noise/chit-chat going on in there. Hopefully RIM takes a breather and has time to update AIR and/or do a writeup on how to get things working.

Please use plain text.
agv
New Contributor
agv
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ogers

i am having the same problem, please help!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
DitoAu

I package the  .bar  with Flash builder 4.6  , if you came from .swf from cs5.5 or cs6,  what I did was using the loader method, with urlRequest to load the swf to display list, if you don't use any qnx lib.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Idlemedia

Hi All, I solved my own issue (for the most part). The biggest issue was that there was an ANE that wasn't supported still in the app's XML file. Once removed, I can actually build with AIR 3.5 and it would run on the device, so long as I specified the forceAirVersion flag.

So, if anyone else is having an issue, I would first try a REALLY simple project and see if it builds and runs, then work back from there.

Please use plain text.
agv
New Contributor
agv
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ogers

Thanks for your help, still a no go.

Please use plain text.