Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
greenfish
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

FlashBuilder Debug Configurations

I am using FB Burrito and have followed the getting started pages to create a test app. I created the debug configuration for the Mobile Application - on the main tab, I selected 'On Device' and entered the Target IP address and the device password, and selected save device password.

When I run the application I get the message:

Error occurred while launching the installed application on the device:
Error: Missing argument for -password.

When I go back into the debug configuration for this application, there is no field for password.

Question:

Why is their no agument passed for password?

Why do I not see the password field in the debug configuration screen?

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: FlashBuilder Debug Configurations

I don't use an IDE, but does the screenshot of the "Run Configurations" dialog that is just above the only occurrence of the word "password" in this page look anything like what you have?  It has a field for password on it.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

See this thread

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Re-Debug-Player-Simulator-Session...

and make sure you are really setting options and/or running the configuration (run vs. debug configuration) that you intend to.  The settings screens look very similar, and there are differences in hot key bindings between IDE's & Windows/Mac.

Developer
billfoust
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

The Debug config dialog doesn't show a scrollbar, but can be sized too small. On mine, the "save password" checkbox is only displayed halfway. Try resizing the config dialog to see if the password field might be below the IP address field and simply not displayed because of bad sizing.

Bil

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey,

try doing this:

In the left panel where your projects are listed, right click on your project and go to properties. then click on run/debug settings. then double click on your debug profile. then in the new menu see if there is a password field. type in the password and hit apply and close. that should do it. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor
greenfish

I got the app to work, not quite sure what I did wrong before, I think I was mixing up the debug and run configurations, but I know I had definitely entered a password previously.

What I just did was to go into run configurations and I could enter a password which I did, then clicked on the Common tab and selected Run to display in the favorites menu. The app then worked.

The run configuration shows the password field, the debug configuration does not show the password field.

Contributor
greenfish

I just re-read one of the previous replies and it was a case of the configuration window being too small, when I made it larger, I was able to see the password field in the debug configurations.

Thank you