Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Retired
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook

FlashDevelop - How to create applications for BlackBerry 10

If anyone uses FlashDevelop I have created a BlackBerry 10 FlashDevelop template for easy project creation. I have also written a getting started guide

If you use FlashDevelop please let me know if you run into any issues using it. 

Enjoy!

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
poltergeist
My Device: Simulator

Re: FlashDevelop - How to create applications for BlackBerry 10

Hey,

thanks a lot, I could make my project run on the emulator thanks to your template and guide, which I couldnt before. I will now try to find the difference.

Just a sidenote: Your template is unable to handle spaces (project name, flexsdk path, etc.), a couple of " here and there help :smileyhappy:

Cheers mate

Please use plain text.
Contributor
poltergeist

Is there any significant difference to make it run on the Playbook Simulator? I just changed the SDK location in the PATH. The project compiles and successfully installs, but when I start it, nothing happens.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
poltergeist

[ Edited ]

Sorry, it works only with Air 3.1. So I guess 3.5 is not supported yet for the playbook?

Please use plain text.
Retired
dmalik

poltergeist wrote:

Sorry, it works only with Air 3.1. So I guess 3.5 is not supported yet for the playbook?

That's correct. The PlayBook only supports AIR 3.1. We have no plans on upgrading the PlayBook OS to support an updated version of AIR.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TV_Minh
My Device: Z10

Hi, I tried this template - And when creating certificate, I got this error

Error: Keystore load: C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\author.p12 <The system can not find the file specified>

And When checking this folder, only "barsigner.db" file created.

Please use plain text.
Retired
dmalik

[ Edited ]

It seems like you haven't generated your developer certificiate. I copied these instructions from the readme:

Create a developer certificate by filling out the fields in the 'bat\CreateCertificateBlackBerry.bat' file and then Execute it by right clicking.

You only need to do this the first time.
     RDK_LOCATION: You get this file in an email after filling out the form online
     PBDT_LOCATION: You get this file in an email after filling out the form online
     CSJ_PIN: This is the PIN you set in the online form
     STORE_PASS: This is a password that you're going to create and use for signing apps

Once created your developer certificate can be found here - C:\Users\[USER-NAME]\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

Make sure to back up your author.p12, barsigner.csk and barsigner.db files. You will need these to update your apps down the road.

You can find the full documentation here - https://developer.blackberry.com/air/documentation/bb10/configure_app_signing_cmd_ms_2010861_11.html

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TV_Minh

Hi!

This is the content of my bat file:

set RDK_LOCATION=cert/client-RDK-XXXXXXX.csj
set PBDT_LOCATION=cert/client-PBDT-XXXXXXX.csj
set CSJ_PIN=mypin
set STORE_PASS=mypass

Did I miss some steps?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TV_Minh

[ Edited ]

Hi - I did not register RDK file - But It's all done with all command lines (generating author.p12....). I also tried to run the CreateCertificateBlackBerry.bat again, the error is still there. The template packs signed app very well. Thanks! :smileyhappy:   

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Eomono

[ Edited ]

Your template and guide helped me a lot! Now I am able to test applications using the simulator :smileyvery-happy:

I agree with poltergeist regarding the handling of spaces, I had to hardcode my flex SDK path in "run.bat" because of my project name. Other than that, the project builds smoothly.

I would really appreciate if you could detail more the "Using the BlackBerry SDK for Adobe AIR and AIR Native Extensions" section because I am having a little issue adding the Blackberry services to my app.

If you have the time, I would really appreciate your help:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Adobe-AIR-Development/Build-App-with-qnx-libraries-in-FlashDe...

Thank you!

Please use plain text.