Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Administrator (Retired)
mkirkup

Re: Free BlackBerry PlayBook Ship Date

I wanted to provide some additional clarification on the free PlayBook offer and device shipment details given the comments on this thread and in the forums in general.  We wanted to ensure that all of the devices could start shipping at the same time for our developer community and have been working hard with Touchstone to ensure we get the logistics right.

Devices for the free PlayBook offer will start shipping globally to developers on April 22nd and you will receive an email from Touchstone with shipping information (tracking numbers, etc) when the device has been shipped out the door.  We really appreciate your patience with the process to date and are excited to get these well deserved devices into your hands.

Mike Kirkup
Director, Developer Relations
Please use plain text.
Developer
willyyr
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

^^ looks like the "they are waiting for all to ship at once" theory was true. Thanks for the clarification Mike. I'm happy we finally can get going with a real device very very soon :smileyvery-happy:
Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Developer
sergeh
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks Mike! Can't wait to test my applications on it, either way I probably will get one tomorrow just because I'm dying to get my hands on it!

--
Bitbox
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Carrier: Fido

ah... 3 more days before it ships + 5 more days to arrive unless they delivery on the weekend....argg!!!!!

maybe i'll pick one up tomorrow morning. :Rolleyes:

Please use plain text.
New Developer
cookeit

[ Edited ]

mkirkup wrote:

I wanted to provide some additional clarification on the free PlayBook offer and device shipment details given the comments on this thread and in the forums in general.  We wanted to ensure that all of the devices could start shipping at the same time for our developer community and have been working hard with Touchstone to ensure we get the logistics right.

Devices for the free PlayBook offer will start shipping globally to developers on April 22nd and you will receive an email from Touchstone with shipping information (tracking numbers, etc) when the device has been shipped out the door.  We really appreciate your patience with the process to date and are excited to get these well deserved devices into your hands.

Great news Mike, do you know how long shipping is expected to take to arrive in the UK? The playbook won't be released here for a few months so I'm eager to get my hands on one and try out my app.

Please use plain text.
Developer
kdittyr

Thanks for the heads up, I can't wait to play with the device once it gets here. :smileyhappy:

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Please use plain text.
New Developer
jaxbot

At long last, we know the date :smileywink: I'm eager to see how this plays out, as shipping on Friday pushes the shipment over the weekened, which makes it a little hard to guess when it will arrive. I'm also curious as to what shipping method Touchstone is using, and the speed of it. Obviously, I'm not expecting a FedEx overnight (though I wouldn't mind one :smileytongue: ) but I would hope it would be sent on a decent 3-5 business day route.

I also wonder what carrier they're using, and if it'll need to be signed for.

That being said, I'm glad to see this recent turn of progress. Shipping this large number of devices is by no means easy, and with all the logistics to consider (especially the legal ones), it's only natural to forsee these delays. 

As JRab said, let's get this chapter over with and start another with full fledged development :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Developer
steve_web
My Carrier: Telus

Unfortunately due to Easter Weekend (at least here in Canada) I wouldn't expect any delivery on Monday (even if it was ready for delivery).

Depending on the shipping method (and the starting location) I suspect Tuesday 26th of April is the earliest we'll actually be able to see them arriving. :-(

So much for showing it off to the extended family over the holidays.

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Carrier: Rogers

Keep in mind the initial shipping email said they will be coming ground, so unless RIM is opting for something a bit faster, I wouldn't hold my breath on getting it next week (especially with the long weekend).

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PBDev
My Carrier: Verizon

Finally! After waiting 3 months It's nice to know when they should be shipping. Thanks Mike.

Please use plain text.