Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
killerspaz
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Free BlackBerry PlayBook Ship Date

Same as Underlabs... ordered on 22nd, just got confirmation

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
anthonyq
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

@killerspaz, underlabs: can you let us know when your tracking numbers start working/say something meaningful other than "Initiated, check back later"??

Anthony
http://www.anthonyquarella.com
Accepted Apps: UpToDateTV
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
anthonyq
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Scratch that, I bet yours works now!  Package picked up, delivery by tomorrow morning @10:30am!

Anthony
http://www.anthonyquarella.com
Accepted Apps: UpToDateTV
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tajddin
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

anthonyq wrote:

Scratch that, I bet yours works now!  Package picked up, delivery by tomorrow morning @10:30am!

Mine works now, too.  From Loveland, OH.  Woohoo.  I was a bit disappointed earlier, but what's another day after waiting several months, lol.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wingflap
My Device: Bold 9650 and Playbook 16gb

Having done a lot of business with both FexEx and UPS, it is not unusual to have your status sit at something like 'shipping information received' but no tracking information.

Distribution facilities have their own FedEx terminals which allows them to submit orders for shipment and print their own shipping labels.  The next step is generally to make the packages ready for pickup (which can be multiple times per day for facilities that ship a lot).  When the packages are picked up, they are scanned by the FedEx courier.

There can sometimes be a significant time lag between the time the scanned item updates in the FedEx central computer - especially when weekends and holidays are involved).  So if you received your shipping email Friday or Saturday, it's quite possible that your package is already in transit, but not yet updated in their system.

This accounts for people seeing no tracking information related to the tracking number sent to them and then, suddenly, finding out that the package is only a day away.

Patience is a virtue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Approved Apps: Barry Black

Loving my new Playbook!
Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style

tajddin wrote:

anthonyq wrote:

Mine works now, too.  From Loveland, OH.  Woohoo.  I was a bit disappointed earlier, but what's another day after waiting several months, lol.

Same for me... Picked up.. Loveland, OH

that must be a lot of Love shipping out today :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Submitted Jan 31
Approved Feb 15
Ordered Feb 16
Shipping Email April 25
Delivery Date April 26
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheMarco
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB

LOL boy am I glad I just went ahead and bought a PlayBook last week. This waiting would have killed me. I still haven't received anything. I guess the 'we start shipping the 22th' only meant we're gonna do it one by one, really slowly?

Good luck with the wait everyone. I know it must suck.

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Viper7129
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

It's starting to get depressing for me seeing all these people that ordered in February get their shipping emails since I ordered in January. Maybe I should stop watching this thread. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

U shud email tmgideas with ur order id and see what's going on. Good luck!
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.