Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Free BlackBerry PlayBook Ship Date

bdaemon wrote:

Today,  my playbook  arrived  SHANGHAI ,CHN , almost 26 hours flight ,about 10000 miles, departed from MEMPHIS ,TN 

I would get  the real playbook  tomorrow.

Finally see someone from China! I am in Beijing, ordered on Mar. 25th, still no shipping email. Wish today or tomorrow I can receive the email. BUt when it arrives, it can be May 1st Holiday, which means I have to wait for another 2 days to receive the package from Fedex.Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: testit

great~~~~ i am chinese too, order on Mar ,30th ,no shipping yet~~~, may be tomorrow can receive the email~~~,still waitting crossing by fingers day by day~~ come baby,need speed
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: testit

BTW: How much the duty we need to pay in china?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: dev alpha playbook 9500 8300
My Carrier: uc

duty, I am not sure ,

as I recall someone had metioned , RIM would paid for it .
Trusted Contributor
My Device: dev alpha playbook 9500 8300
My Carrier: uc

@howardwu
Fedex would shiping in holiday, as I thought ,
because it's using "International Priority service" , almost the first class shipment of Fedex.
Regular Contributor

RIM gave me that free device and kudos to them. And yeah TMG should hire extra staff - they're paid to pack the boxes and stick shipping labels onto them and I think they're doing a slow and rubbish job of it.

Developer
My Device: Imaginary Playbook
My Carrier: NA

[ Edited ]

MaxxJag wrote:

It's not so much the shipping times, it's more the promise of getting it the 22nd. Agreed I was skeptical but they did say the 22nd. I heard that I was excited and when you get excited and you don't get what you got excited for, you get disappointed. I guess that's the stage i'm at now, and I assume the same for those that didn't get yet. There's also the unknown of when we'll actually get ours. My guess for 19th order is MAYBE today, MAYBE. But mostly likely Monday or Tuesday ship.

Dude, RIM hasn't said you would get your Playbook on the 22nd, they merely stated that the shipping would commence on that day, so you're disappointment is due to this misunderstanding.

-----------------------------------------------------
My App: Bouncy Ball Clock (with my own physics engine)
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37792
New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 LE
My Carrier: Bell

big_bz wrote:

Dude, RIM hasn't said you would get your Playbook on the 22nd, they merely stated that the shipping would commence on that day, so you're disappointment is due to this misunderstanding.

Of course, but I assumed they would be ready to ship out the devices and were ready. Most ppl ended up ordering way ahead of time so it was easy to assume at least most devices were packed and ready for shipping. I'm as anxious as anyone to get the playbook.

I'm not one to say that they should be going faster and I haven't gone out of my way to email/phone them for more info, just waiting patiently hoping to get it soon. And in the meantime trying to get ideas for apps/games.

Also the new SDK would be nice since my strong point is C, not Java, Webworks or Flash. Webworks was easier, which is good they added it to the playbook offer, otherwise I might not be getting one. It's tough to think web programming without the server side code to go along (I used AJAX, but even that's not optimal)

MaxxWares.com
Current apps:
-BBOS 10-
MaxxTransit - Coming soon
Regular Contributor

MaxxJag your Bus Finder app sounds very similar to mine (Pulling MTA data?). I also built mine using HTML5 but ended up using an Adobe Air webview over webworks in case I wanted to build upon it. Looking forward to reviewing it Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook

What is the last date shipped?