Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
muratmoon
My Device: Playbook

Re: Free BlackBerry PlayBook Ship Date

I send an email to TMG and they replied same day. Please give more time to them, they will answer your email.

I could not get my Playbook yet but they said they are working hard and pressuring FexEx USA to solve these problems.

New Developer
bilberry

I wrote 2 e-mails to TMG, and noone respond me. However I got my device and I don't have questions anymore

Contributor
Aracon
My Device: Developer

[ Edited ]

Hot info for everyone who has problems in getting PlayBook in Russia. TMGIdeas just wrote in email:

"Shipments to Russia will be going out today and tomorrow."

They also wrote that they will send my device via USPS, but I don't know if it is applicable to all repeated shipments.

New Contributor
creador
My Device: 9100

muratmoon:

I received my playbook after a long wait and several phone calls and emails.. Although TMG has written on the documents that all taxes and customs fees will be covered by them, FedEx Turkey requires another confirmation from them. They first send them a price estimate and wait for confirmation. Afterwards you will need to contact the customs dealer (or whatever they are called) of FedEx Turkey and send them some documents (actually they are supposed to contact you, but I called them first to get things rolling faster). After that they arrange the customs clearence and you finally receive your playbook.

This process took about 15 days for me. Maybe they are experienced now, and you will get yours much faster..

New Contributor
muratmoon

Thanks for information.

I already apply for tax payment confirmation, we are currenly waiting confirmation from TMG.

I want to know how many days does it take for you to take confirmation and how many days does it take you to have your playbook after you send the required documents to customs dealer.

I'm guessing that confirmation part takes the most part of waiting.

New Contributor
creador
My Device: 9100

it takes about 2-3 days after confirmation.

Contributor
TheWakeUpCall

Can someone who has already got a Playbook in the UK tell me, as the plug is american, can I use my micro-usb to UK power plug adapter on the phone. Will the voltage and power rating be ok and stuff? or will it blow it up? Thanks.

Developer
ugoano
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

TheWakeUpCall wrote:

Can someone who has already got a Playbook in the UK tell me, as the plug is american, can I use my micro-usb to UK power plug adapter on the phone. Will the voltage and power rating be ok and stuff? or will it blow it up? Thanks.

I was in that boat I'm afraid... the micro usb didn't seem to be enough to charge it.  Fortunately my phone also uses micro usb, and I have one that connects to the socket (UK obviously), so I share it between my devices.  In fact, I use that plug for the Playbook more now, given a regular micro usb - to - computer charges my phone just fine.

---------
Developing Tony Stark's JARVIS System which we call the CYMAN System on the mac ... an app for it coming soon on the BlackBerry Playbook too!

If I've been able to help in any way, credit your friendly neighborhood developer $0.02 worth of kudos!
Contributor
TheWakeUpCall

OK thanks a lot! I will use my phone charger as well then. I just bought a second one off ebay as it was cheap, so I'm glad that this will work.

From what I've seen online the playbook micro usb charger is has a very high power rating, but that's fine if the other one isn't as high, it will just charge slower.

If it blows the plug it only cost £2.50. At least it won't kill the Playbook.
Developer
RufusA
My Device: Not Specified

TheWakeUpCall wrote:
From what I've seen online the playbook micro usb charger is has a very high power rating, but that's fine if the other one isn't as high, it will just charge slower.

Going OT, but the US charger is multi-voltage so for me a simple mains shaver adapter allows me to charge my Playbook as RIM intended. Depending on how it's constructed you may need to dismantle the shaver adapter and bend the connectors a little to provide a tighter grip to the playbook's prongs. In a few weeks time a UK version of the Playbook travel adapter will no doubt be available.

Rufus.