Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
dtater
My Carrier: Many :)

Re: Free BlackBerry PlayBook Ship Date

Yeah.  I worry, though.  My address will change shortly (moving) and i am not sure how much longer i'll have to wait for mine to ship.

I was confirmed on teh 29th and submitted my order on the 30th.

- - - - - - - - - -
Please use plain text.
Developer
MauriceRice
My Carrier: Telus

So what order-date are we at now? We backtracked bact to late Jan for a while. Are we back to late Feb again? Keep those reports rolling in!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
claudio_v
My Carrier: N/A

You know what I don't understand...how many thousands of end-users pre-ordered the playbook from third party retailers and they received their devices the same day it became commercially available. There was no nonsense like RIM has with sending the devices out in bunches based on their order date. Whether you ordered it on the first day of pre-sale or the last day, you received it the same day or very shortly after it became available in stores. Now that is third-party retailers. You would think that the actual manufacturer of the product would be able to use their heads a little better and think of a way and PREPARE beforehand on how they can ship these devices out all at once. We aren't talking about a small mom and pop shop here...we are talking about RIM, a company that should be capable of shipping hundreds of thousands of devices if needed. I am in no way ungrateful for this free device, but RIM needs to realize that without devs like us, their playbook would be useless, and when they tell us that devs will be sent their devices with high priority, they need to stay true to that. If we are high priority, there should have been some more preparation ahead of time to think of a plan on how they can get the devices out to developers at the same time just as they did with consumers and retailers.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ugoano
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank ya kindly people.

@dtater - I placed mine *after* the deadline...and I live in the uk... I have subsequently resigned myself to waiting until my adobe flash builder trial has run out ;-)
---------
Developing Tony Stark's JARVIS System which we call the CYMAN System on the mac ... an app for it coming soon on the BlackBerry Playbook too!

If I've been able to help in any way, credit your friendly neighborhood developer $0.02 worth of kudos!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
phikachu

It's because tmgideas sucks....hire more people!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
comantis

I just don't understand what the hold up is.  I placed my shipment order on March 15th.  Which means they have had over a month to print out a shipping label and stick it on a box.  Not sure what else there is to it.  It's been a week since Playbook got released now - I would have expected all Playbooks to be shipped by now.

Please use plain text.
Developer
dtater
My Carrier: Many :)

Money.  Duh.  its the ting that makes everything else work.

We're not paying for this, so we're expected to take a lower priority.  I disagree with this poicy, but thats how this stuff works.

- - - - - - - - - -
Please use plain text.
Developer
streak81
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

They never promised it would ship before the launch day, just that you would receive a free device.  If you were that concerned with having a device to test your app and make sure it was really ready for primetime, then you would have gone out and purchased one on launch day.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
v17al
My Carrier: N/A

Sorry streak, they did send out a tweet saying they would get it out before the launch date
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Juliopp
My Carrier: Simyo (KPN Spain)

[ Edited ]

I have made this, I think it can be useful.

SHIPPING NEWS & CALCULATOR 

http://pb.comprarcerditos.com

If you have any suggestion, palohldr@aol.com

I make it with my best intentions. It´s not accurate (I will update everyday, I promise), but it can help.

What do you think?

Nice to meet you :smileyhappy:
Do you find this post useful? Then, click the Kudo Star (Kudo Star) down here! Thanks! ; )
Please use plain text.