Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Free BlackBerry PlayBook offer extended to March 15, 2011

Put your career first.  Also, once you get out of school, asking for extensions because you're too busy on other things wont fly for many companies.  Get good grades, get a good job.  It will be worth more than a $500 device.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jzou
My Device: Not Specified

until this friday, the playbook, after that, the career. my fourth year project is on hold until the necessary parts arrive on friday :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

did you break existing parts on purpose and order new ones just to "make time" for the playbook? :smileywink:

either way u lucked out and have a few days - crunch time! hah

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Developer
jzou

JRab!  I am hurt! How could you accuse me of such deplorable practice! My partners would kill me! LOL. :smileyvery-happy: 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jeffroVT

I successfully submitted the form to receive my free playbook, does anyone know when RIM will start shipping them?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MatthewFabb

Can someone from RIM clarify if the PlayBook app needs to be submitted by March 15th to qualify for the free PlayBook or does the app need to have to have been submitted

already approved by March 15th?

Because if it's the later and say if it takes 10 days for an app to be approved, then apps would have to be submitted by March 5th, or even earlier to be safe as so far it's seems to be taking longer than 10 days for apps to be approved.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

I'm not from RIM but this was discussed at length on other threads when the deadline was February.  It was agreed that the app needs to be submitted by the deadline, not approved because of the backlog and any potential issues that might arise during testing by BB.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Matthew, the official terms and conditions for the offer now reads "Applications must be submitted using the Vendor Portal by the end of the Offer Period to be considered for the Offer."

There's not much way to interpret that other than that it is submission before the deadline that matters, not acceptance.  (I believe past wording was more ambiguous on the topic but didn't keep a copy of the early terms.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NicholasLEby
My Carrier: vodaphone

jeffroVT, where is this form? My app was just accepted today, is there a form somewhere I need to fill out to receive my playbook? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

From other peoples submissions, it is believed that they will send you an email requesting the proper shipping address.

Please use plain text.