03-07-2011 01:14 PM
You can read the full announcement on the Developers Blog found here:
03-07-2011 01:16 PM
03-07-2011 02:04 PM
Great news Mark!
We will be submitting more apps before the Playbook launch. Thanks to RIM for listening to developer community.
// chall3ng3r //
03-07-2011 02:15 PM
Ha. Very nice. The extra time will allow me to add some depth to my little game. I'll make sure it's one of the nicest ones you launch with.
Of course, I'm holding back on some of my better, more involved game ideas until we have access to the accelerometer and gestures....
03-07-2011 02:38 PM
Well, not helping me a slacker about getting my applications done, but glad I'll have some more time.
03-07-2011 04:17 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Why did I waste my time working on PlayBook application way back in December?The deadline has now been extended a full two months, and will pushed all the way back into 2012 at this rate.
Please just release the PlayBook already. The reason us developers have not created more applications for the PlayBook is not because we need more time, but because we don't have the hardware in hand to test on. Personally I am not going to spend another second developing for the PlayBook until I actually have my hands on one.
03-07-2011 04:24 PM
So when the JAVA sdk is out is RIM going to extend the deadline again until 2012?
Just give us the PB already. I think RIM already got most of the interested PB developer the first time around. so why wait!
03-07-2011 04:36 PM
I guess this is good... BUT
what about those of us that already have apps approved & listed on the app store, AND havent received one word from RIM regarding the free playbook offer. What's up with that!
Dont know about the rest of you, but I refuse to develop another PB app until I receive the unit.
03-07-2011 04:44 PM
Although the lack of a release date brings all these concerns, it doesn't make sense associate the new deadline for the free PB offer with the actual device release or even the date you're going to receive the device. In any moment I read something saying about a specific date about that.
I've submitted my app already, but I understand that the notary thing plus the application sign issue was really a problem to a lot of developers out there, so a new date is more than welcome. I don't mind if more people can get their free device as well, since it doesn't mean I won't.