If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
HorizonXP
My Device: BlackBerry 9900 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Free Playbook offer extended again??

You're out of luck. The vendor portal approval process can take up to several business days. As it is much past business hours here in Ontario, RIM will not able to approve your vendor account, at least, not in time for tonight.

Founder of Pulsecode Inc. and taab
Authomator - Two-factor authentication codes on BlackBerry 10 - http://www.xitijpatel.com/ - Follow @xitijpatel
Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Please use plain text.
Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

[ Edited ]

linako wrote:

Thank you, but how I can submit without access to the vendor portal?  - I registered for it, but cannot login there.

I mistook your statement about being approved. As said above it will take at least a day. so it is unlikely you will be approved in time. If you app is finished you could try to submit as soon as you get approval and let them know you have your app ready but you are waiting on approval now then send them another email later showing that you did indeed submit at your first oppertunity

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheMarco
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

Yep it usually takes 1-2 days or so. A friend of mine BARELY made it and submitted his app today. Tough luck I guess. :smileysad:

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Please use plain text.
Contributor
patrickheinzelmann
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: o2

Some happened to me! Ready to upload, but the vendor portal login doesn't work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out PlayBook Device Simulation and Last.fm ON AIR for the PlayBook
Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

I just tried logging in and works fine for me..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
patrickheinzelmann
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: o2

I want to say, that I have the same problem like @linako. Can't upload because the vendor account creation isn't finished!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out PlayBook Device Simulation and Last.fm ON AIR for the PlayBook
Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Too bad, but it's your own fault. Why would anyone wait that long to ask for a vendor account? This is something that can be done even when your app ideas are still on the drawing board.

As to the matter of bad apps: let the consumer decide. I think RIM tried to uphold a certain standard by saying the app had to be non-trivial, but it's fairly difficult to create a objective guideline for a good app. It would have been plain unfair if RIM decided the worthiness of an app just by it's own, undocumented rules, especially since the review team doesn't provide a lot of information.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.