Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
Logicon211
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

From Flash Professional into Flash Builder

[ Edited ]

Hey guys.

I'm new  to a lot of this. Just learning most of Actioscript 3.0 (although it isn't my first programming language). I think I can manage with what I know in terms of coding and the API used with the playbook.

Anyways my question to you guys is how can I create an object in Flash Professional CS5 and bring it into Flash builder with the rest of my project.

For example, in this tutorial it shows how you can screate a movie clip object with some animations and then perform the coding part in Flash builder 4

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/animation_flash_fbuilder.html

What I'm trying to do is set up the stage initially in Flash Professional (with the correct dimensions of course) and  then hit "Edit class definitions" to take what I have and work on it in Flash Builder.

The problem seems to be it makes me open up a whole new project, and this project won't let me run or debug it in "BlackBerry Table OS Air Application" for the simulator . I understand that I still require the <appname-app.xml> and a few other simple requirements. Most of those I can just take off of templates. But the problem is is when I open that new project in Flash Builder, it's opened as a Flash Professional project, and not a Flex project (Which I can launch in the simulator)

I'm not sure if I explained it well enough. But is there any way I can take graphics and aniimations I make in Flash Professional and use them in classes I build in Flash Builder?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Logicon211
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: From Flash Professional into Flash Builder

I guess my main question would be is there any easy way to add animations to a project that's using Flash builder 4. Or will I have to go through the whole process with just Flash professional?

I intend to make small games this way, and to be honest, you really need to have some kind of animation.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
renaun
My Device: Not Specified

Re: From Flash Professional into Flash Builder

There are a few ways to use animation or assets from Flash Professional in Flash Builder applications (more specificaly apps compiled with mxmlc).

Take a look at this link:

http://www.richardleggett.co.uk/blog/index.php/2010/03/08/flash_builder_and_flash_pro_asset_workflow...

Basically in Flash Professional you create a MovieClip instance and do your animation in there. Then in Properties export it as a class and give it a name. Then in the project properties dialog find the checkbox for export as SWC. This SWC is a library of classes that then can be used in Flash Builder.

Renaun

blog: http://renaun.com
twitter: @renaun
Please use plain text.