Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

My Device: Not Specified

Get .fla files to compile on the playbook (Use Flash CS5 .fla files)

Hello and please excuse my noobishness.

Please lead me in the right direction:

I want to somehow develop my application using the familiar stage and environment of Flash CS5. In other words, I want to be able to create a .fla file, and then use HelloWorld.as as the Document Class, and edit the fla file while getting it to work on the playbook. I know I can create apps in Flash, and then compile it using the CMD tools in the SDK, but those are only ActionScript projects.

How do I get a .fla file to compile and run on the playbook, while still using the BB Tablet SDK libraries, like qnx.ui.etc? I want to use Flash CS5 to make my app, while still using the native tablet libraries and all that. I have no idea where to start to get this done. And yes, I have already looked at the HOWTO Compile and Debug without Flash Builder. That compiler, however, can only compile .as files.

Thanks in advance!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: Get .fla files to compile on the playbook (Use Flash CS5 .fla files)

See the week 2 webcast at the developer resources link:

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/adobe.jsp

If you hadn't already registered for these I think you may have to provide your name & email to access the archive.  The webcast player has links to the slides.  Publishing from Flash and packaging for PlayBook is covered in that webcast, towards the end.

New Developer
My Device: Storm 2

Re: Get .fla files to compile on the playbook (Use Flash CS5 .fla files)

I was going to recommend the same thing. What compiles is the SWF file you get when you publish your Flash file, not the AS or FLA files.

I've just finished my second PlayBook app using Flash, so it definitely is possible. Just take things step by step, hang out in the forums, and get familiar with the PlayBook APIs. Good luck!