Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
R0ach007
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

HELP! - Playbook Software Failed!

Hi Guys... I Updated My Playbook To OS 2.0.0.7111 Beta... Worked Flawlessly... Nice Interface etc...

I Then Came Across This Article: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Plug-in-for-Android/Downgrading-From-Tablet-OS-2-0...

How To Downgrade... Reason I Wanted To Downgrade Was So I Can Use My Email etc... And Also The Official Release For 2.0 Will Be Next Month So I Decided To Wait For The Official Release.... They Said I Should Wait 24 Hours Before Downgrading So I Did... I Waited 2 Days In Fact...

I Did Everything Correctly And While The Desktop Manager Was Downloading My Updates (ie - sys.calender, sys.appworld  etc).... It Stopped Half Way Through And Said It Failed To Download The Software Files... Now My Playbook Restarted Itself And Its Stock On "Blackberry Playbook" And It Doesnt Load The OS Itself.. I Cant Even Switch It Off... When I Hold The Power Button Down It Wont Switch Off...  However When I Tap It Once It Goes Into Standby....

PLEASE HELP!... Would Really Like To Get It Back Up And Running.... :smileysad:

JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: HELP! - Playbook Software Failed!

Press and hold the Power key, up and down volume (-/+) all three buttons simultaneously, for about 10-12 seconds. You should the red LED blink and that should allow a reset of the PlayBook and to power up.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
R0ach007

[ Edited ]

Did That... All It Does It Restart The Playbook And Its Still Stuck At "Blackberry Playbook" Logon Screen... How Do I Wipe Off The Software And Re-install A Fresh OS Onto The Playbook?....

*Edit... I Did This And Connected The Cable... Now Its Updating Again... Will Let You Know If It Updated Successfully... THANKS ALOT!!!!! 

New Contributor
R0ach007

Regular Contributor
PlayDev
My Device: Playbook

I had the same EXACT thing happen yesterday, but I got lucky. When I saw that message I turned off the Playbook, >unhooked< my usb cable from the device and rebooted the playbook. It was indeed a stock playbook at that point. After going through all the init stuff, I was informed of a new os update, and 1.0.8 was downloaded and installed. 

New Contributor
R0ach007

No Luck So Far....

New Contributor
R0ach007

[ Edited ]

^But this is whats happening at the very end... It fails...

JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Is your USB connected to a main rear PC port, not a hub or front PC port?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
R0ach007

Connected To The Rear...

New Contributor
R0ach007

Got It Working!... Seems As Though There Was A Corrupt File In My Personal Computer When Installing... I Tried It On My Laptop... (Same Process)... And It Was Fixed... Thanks Alot Everyone For Your Help!