Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Handling the display

Sorry for the basic question but I'm having trouble even locating any docs.  I installed the SDK and simulator and I'm poking around with the sample app.  In the SDK getting started guide the window is showing minimized with a close button.  I cant seem to get that display, mine just takes over the entire screen with the two buttons.  Tried adjusting properties in the .XML and .as file following some examples I googled.  Can someone point me in the right direction on this ?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Handling the display

To minimize any app, just swipe up from the bottom bezel into the screen.

If you have multiple apps running, swipe from bezel left or right to switch apps.

Swipe up diagonally from bottom left corner (on bezel, into screen) to bring up keyboard.

Swiping down from top bezel is *application-dependent*, so unless you implement support for it yourself in your own app it won't do anything.

Note, the minimized apps can be closed not only by clicking the X, but also by dragging them up the screen.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Handling the display

hey heavyg,

welcome to the forums! you had the program right! it did exactly what it was supposed to do by going fullscreen. Apps can only take full screen form (for now and maybe later too). what you saw in the "minimized" state is not done through the actionscript coding. that is done when you do a "Swipe Up" (mouse click hold and drag up) motion from the bottom of the bezel (the bottom black part in your simulator). this will cause your application to minimize. the getting started guide needs more to explain that - it kind of jumps ahead. so go ahead and load your application just as you did but this time after its loaded do the swipe up from the bottom of the screen and see what happens.

also a side note. here is the link to the QNX AIR docs for future reference:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/airapi/1.0.0/index.html

hope that helps! good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman