Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
trickyelf
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Have PlayBook, Will Review

@webbsites i tried your freq trainer app and left this review:clean, simple interface immdiately challenges your ability to identify frequencies across the audible spectrum. the playbook reproduces sound very well but i used headphones since i was outside. there is only one problem; you can hurt yourself with the default volume setting with headphones on. first tone was very high and i had to pull them off, the volume knob didn't react fast enough. even at low volume the high can be sharp. i suggest playing back across a volume gradient so regardless of the knob, highs are played lower. a feature i'd like to see is a mode where, when you choose the wrong freq band, you get a higher or lower indicator instead of "wrong try again"

cheers
Cliff

Dungeon Joe - A Touch-focused Strategy Game http://dungeonjoe.com
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Nitintripathi
My Device: Not Specified

@ trickyelf : 

Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback. I will work on the concerns raised by you which are very much applicable.

Nitin

Please use plain text.
Developer
br14

trickyelf. Just my two cents but while respecting the good intentions of your approach, I'm not sure you've thought this through.

Other developers are in the main, your competitors. If you're going to do this kind of thing, it needs to be organised via an independent third party that will select the appropriate developers to evaluate apps and prevent conflict. 

It's not unknown for developers to provide negative reviews for the competition. Its a bad world sometimes.

Reviews may be denied, which at the moment removes any negative consequence of the review, so surely thats enough for now.

As for reviewing each others apps. The fact is that few had the chance to test the apps on a real device until last week so of course the apps are mostly poor. The last thing they need is someone posting midly negative reviews or positive reviews that simply aren't accurate.

Get your friends to evaluate your apps and provide feedback, and stop trying to skew the review system. There are ways of generating buzz about apps. Get yourself a decent book on the subject and learn how to market your apps.

I'd much rather see a review with 5 stars and "Great app" than a lengthy treatise on the app (though thats just me of course).

So if you download a developers app and it has issues, send a friendly email to the support email and don't post reviews that ultimately have to be denied, however well intentioned. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Aenimea
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

He specifically asked not to post reviews if there were issues, but to send an email to de the dev.

I don't think it is a bad idea and if there are evil dev's outside who will post bad reviews, we'll simply deny these.

As soon as I have my pb, I'll test some apps from this post. And as soon as my release is approved, I'll post the link to it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
samasrinivas

thanks trickyelf for the enhancements as well as usability issues you have highlighted and i will take a look at them. time to review others apps too...:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
killerham
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

I would like to participate also. My app Go Studio can use some publicity

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/38912

Check out Go Studio on Blackberry App World!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/38912
Please use plain text.
Developer
eugenevk
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

@Aenimea: how can one deny a review?

Eugene

My PlayBook App: Checklists
Please use plain text.
Developer
daviesjm
My Device: Z10

@trickyelf -- Thanks for the feedback.  Very constructive criticism that will feed the next version. About that EULA. Call it me being paranoid in a sue-happy world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator of the Idea Catch PlayBook application

My favorite Apple product is apple sauce.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

@eugenevk. You can deny reviews in the vendor portal to the right of each product. The review is removed, but the average star rating stays unchanged.
Please use plain text.
Developer
eugenevk
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks John!
Eugene

My PlayBook App: Checklists
Please use plain text.