Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: playbook
Accepted Solution

Having a token error when deploying on the vmware simulator

Hi all,

I have followed the steps indicated in the definitive guide to Air app (mentioned in this forum).

In my opinion these steps were ok, I had for example the following output for the debug token:

blackberry-deploy -installDebugToken file.bar -device 192.168.66.131 -password mypassword
Info: Sending request: Install Debug Token
Info: Action: Install Debug Token
Info: File size: 2320
result::success

So it seems it's ok for the debug token.

Then I have installed the app:

blackberry-deploy -package file.bar -installApp -device 192.168.66.131 -password mypassword
Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 2320
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 2320 bytes
actual_dname::debug.token.gYABgFQjNgivrKdNwauBSByKQuM
actual_id::gYABgFQjNgivrKdNwauBSByKQuM
actual_version::0.0.0.1
result::success

it seems ok too for me. But when I try to launch it fails:

blackberry-deploy -package file.bar -launchApp -device 192.168.66.131 -password mypassword
Info: Sending request: Launch
Info: Action: Launch
Info: Launching debug.token.gYABgFQjNgivrKdNwauBSByKQuM...
result::Invalid
Info: done

too bad ! :Helpsmilie:

I have no idea why this happened. I read once that there should not be any debug token on the simulator but I could not find the command to uninstall mine.

Moreover this debug token info should appear in the security tab in the simulator as shown in the definitive guide, but it doesnot. (despite the deploy info says it's ok).

Has anybody successfully installed an app on the simulator ? of course yes. I have reviewed the steps and could not find the reason it fails.

Are the debug token really needed ? do you see anything wrong with the above commands?

I can restart all the steps from scratch if needed , no problem. Any help appreciated!

Loic

ps: I'm running on OSX

Contributor

Re: Having a token error when deploying on the vmware simulator

anyone ?

so according to this thread there is no need of a debug token for the simulator.

now it seems odd to me that the author of the definitive guide took time to describe a step on how to create and install a debug token on a simulator but...

Since the command line says it's properly installed, should I see it immediately in the simulator ?

Sorry if these questions are silly.

Contributor

I'll try the command this guy used and let you know.

There 's no need to sign anything for the simulator, no .p12 etc

Contributor

it worked !

:Clap:

sorry for all these messages. I hope at least it helps someone. In order to start with the siimulator, just start with the helloworld app provided first.

blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.0/bin/blackberry-airpackager -package HelloWorld.bar HelloWorld-app.xml HelloWorld.swf blackberry-tablet.xml -devMode hello.png helloworld-splash.png

blackberry-airpackager HelloWorld.bar -installApp -launchApp HelloWorld-app.xml HelloWorld.swf -device 192.168.66.131 -password mypassword

replace the device ip with yours , same for password.

so easy right ?! I did the same for my app and it also works!

the problem was the bar file. I dont know why some people mention to do all that bar signing process etc for the simulator.Only 2 commands are sufiicient.

happy coding!

L