Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
witmen
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw
Accepted Solution

Help with signing keys for tablet OS apps

First,  I hope this isn't a stupid question.  I've done a lot of searching and can't find the information I need anywhere

I recently became a registered app world vendor and I am done with my first app, and I'm currently working on my second.  Well I have no idea how the signing keys work.  I don't know where to go to buy them.  or If I need one for each of my apps or if the signing key is just for me as a vendor and covers all of my apps.  I don't even know what I'm suppouse to do with them once I have them.

Is there a link where I can go to purchase them?  Or are they even avalible to purchase yet?

I've read somewhere that they keys for the tablet OS are different then the ones you use for java apps.  Is that true?

I know that's a lot of questions,  But I'm really lost when it comes to the subject of signing keys.  I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help with signing keys for tablet OS apps

Signing is not need to work with the simulator (you probably know that because you have an application working).  The latest word is that a signed key will only be needed per developer and not per application.  App World is not setup yet for the tablet application yet.  A couple of weeks ago, BB said that it would be a couple of weeks before that is ready, so we can assume in the next week or so, we all should be able to upload applications to start sharing.  Word is that the cost of the keys will be around $10 US.

Once the keys are available, it will be used in FB4.  Assume there will be a CLI to do the same for non-FB4 users.

In other words, keep coding, get the application(s) ready, App World and keys will probably be posted here when it is safe to start doing that.

Please use plain text.
Developer
witmen
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw

Re: Help with signing keys for tablet OS apps

Thank you so much for the clarification. I'm glad I asked because I was freaking out trying to get all of this stuff ready.  I  will paitently wait for them to release them now and stop searching.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.