Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook

How about that Native email client?

So on April 15th Jim Balsillie said RIM would have a native email client within "the next 60 days". Here we are 100+ days later and I don't seem to see my native client. 

Also we are heading up to the end of summer which is the promised date for the native SDK and we haven't heard a peep about it. 

RIM really just seems to be sooo very quiet right now and it seems like everyone is puting them off as a nobody. I have my brand new unused unlocked Torch 9800 which RIM gave me in a contest and I can't get anyone to even think about buying it even for a really low price. I don't know anyone who has a playbook other than those on this forum and I work in an office where blackberry has been the defacto and now everyone can't wait to end their office contract to get an iPhone and we are only getting iPads and Android tablets in the office.

I hoped that RIM was going to be a player but I am so frustrated with their lack of information and slow progress. I am saying this not only as a rant but because I feel like RIM keeps their developers in the cold with no information and they don't seem to listen as we have been telling them we need more information and the only development information I get is that we have a new contest and we will give you a new phone!!!! Yah!!!! I don't want a free phone I want timelines and timetables that I can trust for when this product will even be on par with other companies products.

I know RIM doesn't read this and the closest thing to that is MSohm but I do work professionally and in my personal time and at the office our companies have started setting the products we are going to use for the next two to three years and the Playbook isn't even an option because they don't have an email client nor native development. Government certification like the playbook just recieved is great but if I can't write apps in a real language then it doesn't help us.

Please use plain text.
Developer
XoomMan
My Device: PlayBook

Re: How about that Native email client?

There's a native email client on the leaked Android player. Contact manager too. You can also access all of the hardware with Android. And notifications are very easy with Android.

Please use plain text.
Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook

Re: How about that Native email client?

XoomMan wrote:

There's a native email client on the leaked Android player. Contact manager too. You can also access all of the hardware with Android. And notifications are very easy with Android.

I have seen that but I don't want to install a leaked app that I am sure you are violating some agreement to use. 

Please use plain text.