Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
mpotratz
My Device: Not Specified

How do I download the BlackBerry SDK for Adobe Air?

[ Edited ]

Unless I'm at the wrong page on the BlackBerry site, I go through the "give us all your information" page, click to agree to everything, and then I get a "Sorry, due to country restrictions you cannot download this software.  Please check back later."

Obviously it can be downloaded because of the amount of postings here.

So, what countries CAN get it.  I'm in Des Moines, Iowa, USA.

I'm going to www.blackberry.com/developers/tabletos to download the SDK.

Anyone got a good source I can go to?  I tried sending an email to the support address and it just got returned telling me to go to the support center.  Duh, that's where I started!

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: How do I download the BlackBerry SDK for Adobe Air?

Hey,

I think you should give it another go. It might have been a temporary bug. Just tried it now and the download went smooth. Im from NJ, USA and there are no restrications for USA as far as i can tell. Good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mpotratz

[ Edited ]

I just tried again (Dec 8, 2010 @ 7:40 CST) and got:

We're Sorry...

• Downloads of this software are not yet available in your country due to regulatory reasons. Please check back for future availability.

I've tried using Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and get the same response for both of them.  This is a puzzler.  Cookies?  Firewall?  Unknown?  Router NAT?

I though it might be my browser security.  I add the URL to my "trusted sites".  Nada.  I've never run into this anyplace before.  

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Hey,

Try going to this website: h​ttp://network-tools.com and click on "GO!" And see what results you get. Should pull up a detail for your IP.
Good luck!
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mpotratz

Yeah, did it and got the usual traceroute, IP, whois and other information.

I VNC'd into my partner's computer in Florida and am downloading the SDK as I write this.  Something in the network security settings are nuking the https application process.

But, I have the SDK now, just from another network.

Please use plain text.