Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
shahumang8
My Device: Not Specified

How the Label add to the Screen?

Hello

i am new in Flex so there are some question

Here i built first time sample application in the Flex for BlackBerry Playbook  there some problem

There i add the Button in the Screen at that time button are add but i add to the Lable at that time label are not add so help me and there are another question that if any API for Dialog box same as a BlackBerry?

New Developer
SandroDucceschi
My Device: Blackberry Tablet OS Simulator

Re: How the Label add to the Screen?

Ok, i'll try to answer as closely to your original questions as possible since i'm not quite sure i understand all of them.

First of all, you do not develop a Flex Application for the Playbook at the moment. They have to be pure AS3 Applications since the Flex Framework is not supported yet.

As for your Label on a Button problem, here is an example on how you can do that:

var button:LabelButton = new LabelButton();
button.label = "My Label";
addChild(button);

if i understood your question right about the Dialogs, yes there are Dialog Classes that provide the

default PlayBook GUI. Check out the ASDocs for them here: http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/airapi/1.0.0/qnx/dialog/package-detail.html

Hope that helps you out a little.

Click on "Accept as Solution" if this post solved your problem. If you thought it was helpful, why not give some :smileywink:
Developer
shahumang8
My Device: Not Specified

Hello

My question is how to add label to screen ?

Here you get the Label Button Example .

BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

You can check HelloWorld example which comes with SDK

Developer
kaputafj
My Device: 9550

are you not seeing the label because the text color is black and the screen background is black?  try changing the color of the text.