Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Developer - Blackberry Mobile Application
Accepted Solution

How to access camera in Blackberry Playbook using Adobe Air SDK( in Flash builder Burrito)

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

How to access camera in Blackberry Playbook using Adobe Air SDK( in Flash builder Burrito).

Provide me sample coding please.

Thanks in advance.

With regards,

Sampath

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: How to access camera in Blackberry Playbook using Adobe Air SDK( in Flash builder Burrito)

Not possible yet. See http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/21880/Known_issues_1360895_11.jsp

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

Re: How to access camera in Blackberry Playbook using Adobe Air SDK( in Flash builder Burrito)

Sampath,

you don't even have enough time to write out "please" in full and want us to provide sample code for your app? Funny...

The API as of yet does not provide camera access. 

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Contributor
My Carrier: Developer - Blackberry Mobile Application

Really am sorry willyyr.

Regards,

Sampath

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

The API will likely be that of normal access to the camera via Flex/AIR API.

New Developer

This is disappointing!  I submitted my video conference app over a month ago, and I guess they can't test it, so I'm in a limbo Smiley Sad.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

We cannot test it, but that does not mean that they cannot test it.  They have a much more advanced version of the SDK and OS then we have, so you may not be totally in limbo.  Just somewhere between here and limbo.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

Guys you should not be worried about you app not be accepted because of bugs in simulator.

API's is very unstable so it may not even launch - if this happens you will be asked to recompile it with newer SDK when it will be available, it would not impact acceptance of the app.

New Developer

Thanks for the reassurance Smiley Happy