Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
mikejcraddock
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: rogers
Accepted Solution

How to add flash pro apps to the app world

Hello Developers,

I am a first time developer. I have created a simple app using flash cs5 pro. I was able to upload it to the simulator and it works. I tired to upload it to the app world, but the files aren't uploading. The appworld release section won't allow certian file types. The only type that is uploaded is the bar file. I have swf, fla, and xml files that won't upload. I tried putting them into a compressed zip folder and uploading the zip folder, but only the bar file is loaded. Am I doing something wrong? Can you even add flash apps for the playbook? Can anyone help? 

Thanks!

-Mike- 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to add flash pro apps to the app world

You have to generate a BAR file from your SWF file.  There are many threads on the forum that discusses the BAR file generation.  You will need to download the 094 SDK that integrated with Adobe AIR SDK to access the tools that generates the BAR file.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikejcraddock

Hi John,

I have the bar file from 0.9.3. I'll try the 0.9.4. I have the app working on the simulator. Its just when I upload to the app world, in the relase section with the file uploader, only the bar file is uploaded. I have 2 xml files, a fla file, a swf file, and a .bar file. The xml, swf and fla files aren't recongized when I upload them on their own, so I put them all in a compressed zip folder. When I click relase version section, the only file that appeas is a 900 kb bar file.The other files are not apperaing, even when I have them in a  compressed zip folder. Why aren't the other files appearing when I upload all the files? 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
tensioncore
My Device: Bold 9900/Z10 Special Edition
My Carrier: Rogers

Try here. It shows you how to compile from the CMD line.

because you don't have Flex

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Compile-and-Debug-without-Flash-B...

CEO/Lead Developer - Tensioncore™ Design Studios
http://tncr.ws/ - ShortenThis!™ for Blackberry Playbook | ShortenThis!™ for BlackBerry® 10
The Periodical Toe A highly informative Table of Elements
DrawThis! A fun drawing app for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™!
http://www.tensioncore.com/ - Tensioncore™ Web Hosting
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

@mikejcraddock:  The only thing that should be uploaded is the BAR file that contains all the additional files (SWF,XML,assets,etc.).  A BAR file is a ZIP file with some additional information that is created for you when the BAR file is created.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikejcraddock

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the help!

Please use plain text.