Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
Just_Bart
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

How to create a bar file?

So I've spent the last two days scouring these forums trying to find something which talks about how to actually create a bar file for submission, but alas, I can't find it.

I know we don't have to sign the file. I've made my app, been able to test it via the simulator and all that's done, I'm just at the point where I need to submit the app, but in order to do that I need to figure out how to create the bar file. I've tried  adding the " -debug=false" option to the compiler, but that causes a stack overflow error when trying to compile and run the app, and it just locks up the simulator when tryign to load it onto there. I'm running Flash Builder 4.01, any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: How to create a bar file?

hey bart,

can we get a screen shot or the exact line and where you are inserting the -debug=false ? it'll help us better get the picture. thanks!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

[ Edited ]

Search the board for "release build" - there are several threads marked as solved.  

See for example

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/FB4-Final-Build/m-p/655563/highli...

note that this thread states Export Release Build integration works in FB 4.5 but not 4.0(.1?) but a workaround is provided.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PBDev
My Device: Free PlayBook

If you can test it in the simulator it's package as a bar file. Look in the bin-debug folder,

Please use plain text.