Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
jaxim
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

How to debug from Flash Builder?

My app for some reason is crashing. When I try to run it from Flash Builder to my playbook, I see the splash screen and then NOTHING - it crashes. 

To diagnose the problem, I figured I'd try to "debug" the application instead of "running" the application. However, when I try to debug the application, I see the following behavior:

1) The spash screen appears and disappears like before

2) Then within flash builder, the launch progress is continuing usually from 60%

3) Once the launch progress reaches 100%, I see a "Launch Failed" error message that reads that I should ensure that port 7935 is open.

I could be mistaken but I believe I already opened the 7935 port. For example, I can debug an application on an android device and when I view tWindows Firewall, it appears that there is a rule to open this port.

Whaat am I missing? How can I debug my app? Does anyone have an idea why my app is crashing immediately after displaying the splash screen?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vikram_billa
My Carrier: Sr Actionscript Developer

Re: How to debug from Flash Builder?

I got the playbook with os 1.0, and at that time I was able to debug the application but when I updated the OS to latest version, I am not able to debug application in PlayBook.

So, I am using simulator / desktop for debugging applications than, I am porting the application into Playbook for testing.

As per my experiance when I handle with SQLite and if there is any error with query, my application is crashed, so it is happening same if there is any erro in your application (It may not be related to SQLite)

-VIKRAM BILLA

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaxim
My Carrier: N/A

Re: How to debug from Flash Builder?

Actually my problem turned out to be that I am using Flash Builder 4.5 and I needed to change my settings until the Playbook has Air 2.6 as described on this page:

http://blogs.adobe.com/jasonsj/2011/05/flex45_air25_playbook.html

I was also targeting an Adobe Air 2.6 specific function (stage.autoOrients = true) so I had to comment this line in order to get my app to run.

Though, I'm still not able to get my app to debug. It tells me I have the wrong host IP address. I have it set to automatically set my host IP address. I'm not sure why that isn't working.

But at least I can get my app to run now. Does anyone have any ideas how to get the proper host IP address? The following is the error I receive in Flash Builder when attemptingt o debug the app:

"Error: Cannot connect: Software caused connection abort: recv failed. Please check IP address settings for the target. Try to ping the target."

Please use plain text.