Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: How to delete app?

peter9477 wrote:

I should note for anyone else using this that there are also bugs in this appInstaller CGI stuff that may prevent you using it successfully.

I wrote above about a bug with the old appInstaller.html approach I found on the v0.9.1 simulator (Beta 1?).

As it turns out, the new simulator has basically the same problem, visible now using the "blackberry-deploy -listInstalledApps" option.

I submitted a bug report as TABLET-52 though note that they seem to have switched the issue tracker so all new issues are private, until they're vetted or something (for security risks?) so you can't see it now/yet.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
blueinc
My Device: Playbook, Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Tour 9630
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

I know this is an old thread (as the playbook sim goes :smileyhappy:) but I thought I'd mention that, in the new sim 1.0.1, from the All screen, you can click and hold the offending app's icon and the icons start pulsing and a small trash can shows under the icon you clicked. Click it, say yes to the warning and presto! Click the little check mark in the upper left to stop the pulsing and return to normal operation.

HTH,

Brian

PlayBook Apps: Sudoku Pro
Smartphone Apps: Compass | MultiClock
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AirDev
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Airtel

Thanks blueinc.

I was searching for Uninstall help for new sim 1.0.1.  

This is a quick way to uninstall all the unwanted apps.

Please use plain text.
Developer
blueinc
My Device: Playbook, Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Tour 9630
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks; my pleasure. It exactly mimics the behaviour on the actual device. Pretty handy...

B

PlayBook Apps: Sudoku Pro
Smartphone Apps: Compass | MultiClock
Please use plain text.