Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
ametller
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to deploy applications?

Hello gents,

I'm about to finish my app. It's done in AS3 & a bit of Flex. I read somewhere that BlackBerry App World only accepts .bar apps (Playbook format), however I have no idea on how to create (or convert) my application .swf to this format. How did you do this? I'm using FB Burrito.

Many thanks, I'm sure this post will help other devs to get their app ready.

Developer
gluth
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Re: How to deploy applications?

Have you tried to search the forum?

Here is one of the solutions:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Compile-and-Debug-without-Flash-B...

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Regular Contributor
ametller
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you mate. Yes, I searched the forum before. I'm a Java BB developer so I know this forum pretty well :smileyhappy:

There's another way to deploy in .bar format. If you use FB 4.5 Burrito and you have the Playbook SDK you can create it by clicking on the "Export release build" button, to the right of the run and debug buttons. It will ask you which project you want to export, and the path where the .bar file will be placed.

Cheers,

Contributor
khanou
My Device: Playbook

Hi!

I have this error "Username or password is invalid or not specified or time on the device is out of sync" while using blackberry-airpackager.

I try -user devuser and root but without succes. I also try to change the clocl, same...

The .bar file is well created.

It's was working before I use the 0.9.2 version of simulator.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

In the simulator, you have to be in development mode which will prompt you to enter the developer mode password (you have to do this each time you start the simulator).  Then in your package command, specify the password with the parameter:

-password <mypassword>