Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
asiayeah
My Device: Z10, Bold 9900

Re: I have a problem with the playbook simulator

I've exactly the same problem, too. I had to run in safe mode. Unfortunately I also have to test the screen orientation on PlayBook 2.0.

Do we have a fix yet?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scottj3
My Device: 9630

I am having the same issue, only Safe mode is working so I am not sure what options I ma be missing when the simulator finally loads.

Does anyone know if we can configure ver 2.0 of the Playbook SImulator to actually connect to and receive email via Microsoft Exchange?  I have always done this in the past with the handheld simulators and would really like to see it with the Playbook as well.  In safe mode if I click on Accounts to set soemthing up I just get a spinning mouse pointer.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Melad
My Device: 8520

1-Power off the vm.

2-Power on  and when you see  "Press Enter to see boot options".

3-In the boot menu you will see two options 1-normal 2-safe.

4-Press 2 for safe.

It works for me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
panchopepe
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

I have the same problem , and in versions prior to 2.0, I get authentication error, and it don't let me to change the password, it's sad that RIM has a tool as problematic

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

panchopepe wrote:

I have the same problem , and in versions prior to 2.0, I get authentication error, and it don't let me to change the password, it's sad that RIM has a tool as problematic

Where are you receiving an authentication error and why are you trying to change the password? The simulator should not require a password and version 2.1 of the simulator is available.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
panchopepe

Hello, 

The authentication error gives me when I want to install my apps on the simulator, it does not recognize me the default password given in the documentation which is "playbook" also tried to leave this blank and gives me the same errors in the forums I read that the password can be changed in the simulator, so I've tried, and the simulator hangs too, version 2.1 and 2.0 are hung, and I could not use, Thanks

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

The 2.1 simulator does not require a password. Please try on this simulator and no password set. If this does not work then please reply back with the IDE being used and any error messages received.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
panchopepe

When I run the simulator 2.1 this show me a black screnn and It hangs, and I reboot, in safe mode, This show the blacberry logo in the screen, And not finish booting, attach I sent to you, the images The IDE, that I use is flash Buider 4.6 and to install Backberry graphical aid, also I tried por command line since windows console, I have a laptop HP DV Pavillion DV2600,3 GB RAM and windows 7, thanks

blackberry graphical Aid.JPG

Please use plain text.
Developer
panchopepe

A few minutes ago finished starting the simulator 2.1, per now shows only the wallpaper and shows no menu bar, Attach I sent to you image simulator 2.1.JPG

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

Sounds like a graphics driver issue. Could you please ensure you are running the latest drivers for your card and that the VM's graphics aceleration is enabled (should be by default)?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.