Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook
My Carrier: Not relevant.
Accepted Solution

I need admin help. The Signing Keys Order form needs to be fixed.

Hi,

I'm at a point where this was the only place I could seek help and I'm hoping an admin can get this info to whoever can resolve it. I'll explain why after I mention the problem.

I've encountered a problem on the Signing Keys Order form, which is preventing me from completing it.

Here's the page;

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

The "Province/State/Region:" Drop down contains no values and it's a required field, so there's no way to complete the form.

The reason I'm posting this issue here in the forums, is because Blackberry's Website feedback link "webmaster@blackberry.net," which can be found under Contact Us, is an automated response, which has absolutely nothing to do with actual feedback, but instead assumes I'm someone seeking technical support.

Anyways, hopefully this finds the right eyes and I've been clear.  I have my Playbook, I have the SDK installed under Flash Builder, so now I just need tokens so I can test directly on the device.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Z30

Re: I need admin help. The Signing Keys Order form needs to be fixed.

Did you try using different browsers? I tested it with Google Chrome 11, Mozilla Firefox 4 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 and had no problems.
Do you have JavaScript enabled?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blog alopix.net
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Developer

OK, this is weird. Smiley Surprised

Yep, JS is enabled and I've tried the various browsers.

I've tried Chrome, FireFox, Safari, and IE. Latest of each except IE under 3 different OSs and two comps -- my Mac and my PC which has a boot drive for XP64 and one for Win 7.

Now I'm more confused, because it's just me and it's happening on 2  of my comps.  This is a long shot, but I'm going to try visiting the sight through my phone's data connection to see if it's something with my cable provider.

Thanks for the response, at least now I know it's something on my end.

Developer
My Device: Z30

Maybe also wait until the whole page has finished loading and if you're familiar with it: open (e.g. Chrome's) JavaScript Console and watch for errors.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blog alopix.net
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Developer

OK, I'm at a complete loss.

No change going through my phone's data and I just tried it on my Playbook, and it states "No options available" when clicking on the state pull down.  I also tried it under my Nexus One(Android phone) with no luck.

i can also see in the source code that there's no options in the HTML, where as the other pull downs are populated.

Anybody else have issues with this page, or am I the unlucky one?  This is happening on all of my devices.

Is there another way to request tokens?

Developer

[ Edited ]

OK, I just tried that and I am getting an error. Smiley Happy So that's better than nothing. Thanks.

The error is;

Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/plain.

www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/dwr/interface/DWRFacade.js;jsessionid=E465133F976BDB680AD73BDFD6DDFE74...

And when I click on it, I noticed it's calling the function that calls back the states;

dwr.engine._execute(DWRFacade._path, 'DWRFacade', 'getStates', p0, callback);

I'm going to try this on my wife's comp to see if it works.  It has to work on one of my systems here, if not I'll try it at my friend's office.

+++++

Bleh, sorry for all these posts, just found the edit option.

Anyways, I did a search for that error and found this post which talks about it being caused to the permisions on hte JS file;

http://www.highdots.com/forums/jquery/resource-interpreted-script-but-transferred-294677.html

Oh, and on an eariler question, I've waited for my browser(s) to finish loading and also cleared their cache and so on.

++++

This is the JS file that's not working on any of my devices/browsers;

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/dwr/interface/DWRFacade.js

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

Hello,

which country did you select ?

JC
Developer

[ Edited ]

USA and that was partially the issue. 

I know what I did wrong.

When i first selected the country, I tabbed to it and typed United, which brought up other countries, so then after I finally typed in USA, I tabbed to the state, which broke it.  Then like a maroon, I tried the URL on other browsers and so on, and of course always tried the state drop down first.

Anyways, my fault for tabbing and this is what i get for trying to sign up for a token when I shoudl have been in bed.

+++++

Oh, and i just recalled what caused this problem before I tried tabbing to each field, my stupid auto-fill.  It populates the country, so that the state does not work.   Just happened again, but all is happy now, so just waiting for my info to be processed. Smiley Happy