Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
shunlll999
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: developer

I want to know about installing playbook simulator.

It necessary to have Playbook tablet for test the applications, or only simulator on PC

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: I want to know about installing playbook simulator.

The simulator can be used effectively for basic development, but there are many features which do not work the same, or sometimes at all, on the simulator, which do work on the PlayBook.

You'll find performance to be different (faster on simulator, possibly, depending on your hardware), the real thing supports multitouch while the simulator supports only mouse, and on and on.

Many of the apps you can download for the PlayBook were in fact developed using only the simulator. On the other hand, many of those apps work very poorly on the real thing and I'm sure not all of those also worked poorly on the simulator (though I bet a lot of them did).

Ultimately, it's possible to use just the simulator, depending on the nature of the app involved, but it's not advisable. Things that push the limits (e.g. some games) would likely not turn out very well if you used only the simulator.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shunlll999

Thanks peter9477

more question, I have downloaded Playbook simulator for wins,  named  "BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator-1.0.1"

in this folder, there are many files and I choose file "BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator.vmx" 

then run on VMw version 3.1.xxx.

but It require  password at the first screen

i don't know the password, Could you plz tell me, how do i get password?

and thanks for your kindness.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

It should be clear in the documentation, but if I recall correctly it's just "playbook".

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shunlll999

Thanks Thanks Thanks many a lot ^_^ peter9477

i'm pass

Please use plain text.