Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
PatrickAlgermissen
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: If you haven't received your free PlayBook email...

Does anyone know if they're planning on trying to get everyone approved by the shipping date (the 22nd), or if they will continue to ship the free ones after that date?  I submitted on March 30.  Got a Release Rejection on the 14th due to signature problems, and uploaded again on the same day.  Content approval is still waiting on the test house.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ugoano
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

My guess is this is the date they're going for finishing all the pre 31st March midnight solutions. Failing that, if your application passes, they probably have another batch shipping date as a contingency me thinks.

---------
Developing Tony Stark's JARVIS System which we call the CYMAN System on the mac ... an app for it coming soon on the BlackBerry Playbook too!

If I've been able to help in any way, credit your friendly neighborhood developer $0.02 worth of kudos!
Please use plain text.
Developer
alinium
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

@PatrickAlgermissen wrote:

Does anyone know if they're planning on trying to get everyone approved by the shipping date (the 22nd), or if they will continue to ship the free ones after that date?  I submitted on March 30.  Got a Release Rejection on the 14th due to signature problems, and uploaded again on the same day.  Content approval is still waiting on the test house.

Mark Sohm from BlackBerry said in another thread (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Free-BlackBerry-PlayBook-Ship-Dat...) that if the company doing the shipping doesn't have your shipping info in time for the first batch (22nd), they will send some out later in another batch to everyone who's left.

So that would probably mean they're in no special hurry to approve all eligible apps before 22nd.

PatrickAlgermissen

Thanks for that!  I read that thread, but somehow missed that.  Much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ljdarten
My Device: curve
My Carrier: sprint

Seems a few people are getting approvals in the final days here. Not only did I get my first app approved yesterday. I also got my second app which was submitted on the 3rd or so.

So I think they are trying to push through as many as they can in the last days.
Please use plain text.
Developer
alinium
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

My first app was just approved yesterday, and I got the congratulations+shipping info email today (an hour ago). Looks like they're starting to move faster again. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

ljdarten
My Device: curve
My Carrier: sprint

I just got my shipping email too. Didn't expect much to happen this late, they must be burning the midnight oil.

Btw, I was able to fill out the shipping info from my curve 8530 in case anyone was not at a real pc when they get the shipping email.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
PatrickAlgermissen

Got my approvals yesterday, and my shipping email late last night!  Thanks for your support, everyone!

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Very cool to here about the shipped emails -- its gonna be variable from the looks of it.

On a sidenote is everyone here married except me? =P

EDIT: Aaaaand I posted this in the wrong thread haha -- shudn't text from my phone as I wake up!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Developer
theceomind
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Sprint

Has anyone actually received a device or at least confirmation of shipping??

Please use plain text.