Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: If you haven't received your free PlayBook email...

It looks like a few people have gotten the FedEx shipping e-mail in the last couple of days.

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them and it looks like those who got their app in at the last minute will be in the second round of shipments.

And, since they sold and pre-order 50,000 units on day one, there might be an overall delay in shipments.
My Device: curve
My Carrier: sprint

I got the email to fill out for shipping but not the one saying its on its way.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Filled out the Shipping info request on 2/3. Still waiting for a shipping confirmation.......
New Developer
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Sprint

50k, not bad. Where did you get those numbers?

I'm beginning to wonder if it might make sense to go out and buy one to complete development. Yet that would suck, it would seem that they would want to get us our devices so that we could
1.) improve on the apps we submitted.
2.) Help put more apps in the market.

It's critical to RIM's position to have a successful Playbook, and apps are crucial to this.
Developer
My Device: Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

theceomind wrote:
50k, not bad. Where did you get those numbers?

All you have to do is search for PlayBook First Day Sales .

It apparently out sold the Xoom and the Tab.  They say at the current rate, it could sell 500k in the first quarter of availability.

Pretty good, especially considering that retail sales support in most of the places I have been to sucks or has been nonexistent to the extent that employees in the stores were asked "Where is the Playbook?" They responded by asking what the book looked like, was it a binder and other insane things of that nature. I was also in one store that did not even have it connected to WIFI. I even asked the store manager why, and he indicated they didn't want to foot the cost for deploying wifi?(Wow really a 50.00 linksys router).

So I'm happy that the numbers are up, as I knew they would be , goes to show that there are some sensible supporter that aren't totally brain washed by Apple's mind tricks.
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Any

I've received 3 emails about the approval of 3 versions of my app on April 18th, (2 of which were submitted before March 31st).  But up to now I haven't got any additional email about the free playbook offer.  Product status still showing Pending.  The earlist change request ticket was showing open even though the release was showing approved.

What could be going on?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

My app was approved awhile ago, I received and submitted the related forms about my shipping address, and PlayBooks are commercially available in my region. But I have not received an email with a tracking number or telling me that my PlayBook has been shipped. Is this normal?
New Developer

Seems to be standard process for right now. Most that I have seen, have not received the shipping email yet(including myself.)  Perhaps in time they will eventually ship them out.

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Any

I've received "Release Approved" emails on 3 versions of the app.  Are those the Application Acceptance emails?  Or there should be another email about the acceptance of the application?  The two latest Change Requests were closed as release approved.  But the one for the very first version is forever showing a status "Waiting on TestHouse" even though the two tickets inside both show as "Approved".  

So should I still be waiting for the Application Acceptance email?  The "Release approved" emails were received on April 18th and I sent out two emails to the mentioned email on Monday asking about status of my app and whether I am supposed to receive other emails, but so far there was no response.

Does anyone know what is going on?

I have the English version one properly signed.  Because of the signing tool problem, when I tried to sign my app for bundles for other 4 locales, they couldn't be signed.  I wonder if that could be a problem.  However, the change request ticket for those bundles were saying approved and closed.

Also do I have to upload my bundles with the name _Signedxxx?