Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

If you haven't received your free PlayBook email...

Hi all,

You should receive an email with information on how to claim your free BlackBerry PlayBook within 5 business days from the time your application is approved (you will also receive an email about the approval).

Here is the general process flow for the free BlackBerry PlayBook offer.

1)   PlayBook application is submitted to BlackBerry App World.

2)   Application is reviewed by the App World team.

3a)  If there is a problem or if the application does not qualify, you are sent an email informing you of this and asked to correct it.

3b)  If the application is accepted, you are notified of the acceptance via email.

4)  Within 5 business days of 3b occurring you are sent an email awarding you a free BlackBerry PlayBook.  This email contains a link where you enter the address you want the BlackBerry PlayBook to be shipped to.

5)  After submitting shipping information you are sent another email confirming your shipping information.

6)  Your BlackBerry PlayBook ships once they are commercially available in your location.  An email is sent that contains your shipping tracking number.

If you fail to receive any of these email messages within the time frames outlined above please contact BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@TMGIdeas.com.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style

Re: If you haven't received your free PlayBook email...

Thank you for clarifying this for us, MSohm.

Do you know how long it typically takes to get to 3b. from the time the app is submitted?

Do you have different prioritization based on type of App (Flex vs Webworks for example)

Do the Apps get reviewed in the order of submission or is it by some other prioritization?

Thanks in advance for your insight :smileyhappy:

Developer
TheMarco
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB

Anyone received a 'sorry your app doesn't qualify' email or heard of someone getting one yet? 

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

@TheMarco, there have been several people post at various times about receiving a "does not work" or "this needs to be fixed", but if anyone has received a "does not qualify" email they have not publicly admitted it.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
agaripian
My Device: Z10 & Dev Alpha C

Thank you for clarifying the fee PlayBook email turn around time.

Can you also clarify how long does it take for an application to be reviewed? My friend submitted his application after mine and he got his approved already!! I submitted my app before him and its " Pending Review + ".

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer of Stocks for Blackberry 10
Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)

[ Edited ]

oh. point 6 makes me think. I'm sitting here in germany. Usually the europe launch of new products follows the US launch, sometimes short after and sometimes it takes ages.

If I provide a german shipping address, will I have to wait until it's available in europe? This would be a disadvantage as a developer. All the US devs will get their testdevice while we are waiting that RIM allows us to crawl out of our caves? Seriously, I even would pay the extra shipping/import/tax costs just to get the device early enough. What if I provide the address of a friend of mine living in the US?

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
MSohm

tags07 wrote:

Thank you for clarifying this for us, MSohm.

1. Do you know how long it typically takes to get to 3b. from the time the app is submitted?

2. Do you have different prioritization based on type of App (Flex vs Webworks for example)

3.  Do the Apps get reviewed in the order of submission or is it by some other prioritization?

Thanks in advance for your insight :smileyhappy:

1.  As fast as the team can process them.  :smileyhappy:  I don't have stats on this, but the time will vary depending on how many apps are submitted within a given time period.

2.  No, all applications are prioritize the same.

3.  Apps are reviewed in order of submission.  Note that there are multiple people working on this in parallel so there could be some small discrepancies here.

Mark Sohm

MSohm

lrrm wrote:

oh. point 6 makes me think. I'm sitting here in germany. Usually the europe launch of new products follows the US launch, sometimes short after and sometimes it takes ages.

If I provide a german shipping address, will I have to wait until it's available in europe? This would be a disadvantage as a developer. All the US devs will get their testdevice while we are waiting that RIM allows us to crawl out of our caves? Seriously, I even would pay the extra shipping/import/tax costs just to get the device early enough. What if I provide the address of a friend of mine living in the US?

You will need to wait until it is commercially available for the address you have it shipped to.

Mark Sohm

Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)

MSohm,

What delivery food is near to the teams? It seems there are apps submitted and approved days apart while others are weeks or even months. I'd love to send a pizza their way in hopes to speed up the approval process for those of us still waiting.

Thanks for the insight as to the process everything goes through.

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

In my experience, updates get processed much quicker than new app approvals. Is there a separate team working on updates, or does everything go through the same people?
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -