Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
jaboho
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: DTAC

Re: If you haven't received your free PlayBook email...

Thanks for your quick response. So, in my case, it should expect alomst 99% that I should be free playbook (I see my playbook app available on app world now), right? And Do you have get a free playbook yet? Could you share how long did you get it after your application available or app world.

Regards + Thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaboho
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: DTAC

I just update that my expectation becomes to true. I got a free playbook offer. However, I still have to wait for shipping because the playbook is still not sold officially in my country. Anyway, thanks for much krub CodeMobiles.com Regards + Thanks
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bigmokujin
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

Learned a new programming language, 2 weeks.

Working on an app concept, 4 weeks.

App submitted on March 31st.

App approved:  April 19th.

Offer email received and order placed:  April 20th.

Shipping email received:  May 12th.

Receiving a free blackberry playbook, the 2nd one for the house....PRICELESS.

Keep developing people.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
georgekronberg
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Hi,

My application was approved on May 12.

After 6 days (May 18) I wrote to BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@tmgideas.com

The next day (May 19) I got a reply:

"We are looking into the status of your app.

We will be in touch shortly.

Thank you"

The next day (May 20), another email from them, without any additional requests from my side:

"Please be patient and we will get back to you after the weekend.

We are still looking into your situation."

Since then, it's been almost 3 weeks, nothing.

I wrote another email last week (June 6), still no reply.

Could someone from RIM please tell me the reason of this delays and why this guys ignoring me for 3 weeks?
Best Regards,
Igor Zubakin

My developer account is: blackberry@georgekronberg.com

Application name: Crayon Arkanoid

Approved release: Release 1.0.10

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bvictorio
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Any

There is first Release Approved and then Product Approved stages.  Is your app's status "Release Approved" or "Product Approved"?  For my case, it took about a month from "Release Approved" to "Product Approved".  I wrote to RIM to ask about status but didn't get any replies.  Once I received "Product Approved" email, everything moved really fast.

I remember after about 3 weeks waiting, I told my husband, "The good news is that even after such a long time waiting, I still haven't received an email telling me that my app is denied."  My husband joked with me, "You are just being ignored."  But anyway, thanks to BlackBerry and their generosity, my app got approved and I received the Playbook, even though much later than most of other people I believe.

So just be patient and keep your fingers crossed.

Bing Victorio

Approved app:  Young Scholars

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
georgekronberg
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Thank you so much for your response!

Indeed I have just Release Appreved yet. That explains) Will be waiting for product approval then!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dalv
My Device: Tablet OS
My Carrier: MTN

Is the procedure the same this time around?

I got to step 5 on 12 of Feb saying it will ship in 72 hours. 10 days later no luck and no reply to emails sent to BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@TMGIdeas.com

Please use plain text.
Developer
RottenOgre
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

dalv wrote:

Is the procedure the same this time around?

I got to step 5 on 12 of Feb saying it will ship in 72 hours. 10 days later no luck and no reply to emails sent to BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@TMGIdeas.com

I received the 72 hour email on 11 Feb - I never got any shipping email after that (as some have) but the PlayBook showed up yesterday. So you can probably expect to see yours in the next couple of days. I imagine the're swamped with the number of these things they have to ship out, and I'm sure the long weekend didn't help anything.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ljdarten
My Device: curve
My Carrier: sprint

awesome. I received my 72hour email on the 11th too so hopefully it will show up really soon.

Please use plain text.
Jbp
New Contributor
Jbp
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to get opinions and/or notify people from RIM about my situation, and see if I can address it in some way.

I submitted an App and was approved to get a free Playbook (i.e. the "Congratulations email") way back on Feb. 27th, 2012.

Got the tracking # some days later, and the package information was submitted to Fedex.  The dates on the fedex package (per the online website) were:
    Anticipated ship date:  Mar 6, 2012
    Mar 5, 2012 12:45 PM:  Shipment information sent to FedEx

So far so good.  The problem is, there has not been a single update on the package since then (so it has been 10days since the order info was submitted).

I've read that some people get the playbook and FedEx was just slow in updating the status, but in my case, this is definitely not true.  Specifically, I called FedEx last week, and they indicated that when the package is in this state, that means they got the shipping details, but have not been physically given the package yet.

To add a little bit more detail, other friends of mine who also qualified for the free playbook (we live in the same geographical location in Canada) had their Fedex package tracking status updated from "Shipment information sent to FedEx" to "Picked up" on the same day or at worst, a day later.  They then got their playbooks a few days later.  Some of them had the Playbook/Fedex info before me, and some after (so there is no evidence that would suggest that packages after a particular day should be delayed).  To give a comparison, here is dates for a friend's (again same geographical location in Canada) Playbook shipment:

Anticipated ship date:  Mar 13, 2012
    Mar 13, 2012 12:45 PM:  Shipment information sent to FedEx

Mar 13, 2012 5:23 PM:  Picked up

... IN TRANSIT INFO ...

Mar 15, 2012 8:18 AM: On FedEx vehicle for delivery

I understand the high volume and need for longer turnaround time because of the promotion, etc., but my situation does not seem normal.

I waited a few days (March 9th) before contacting BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@tmgideas.com (as I gave the benefit of the doubt for them just being overswamped), and after not hearing from them, pinged them again yesterday, March 14th.

Unfortunately, I still haven't heard anything about the status of the package, which I believe may have slipped through the cracks (maybe a mixup/miscommunication between the 3rd party order/store handler: officiallogoshop and RIM?).

Any suggestions/help on the matter would be great.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.