Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
cujino
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Impossible to sign, only me?

Hi

I've uploaded 5 releases after trying to fix the errors I got from the review team. All denied....

I am using good all Flash CS5 for my app and the command line to compile the signed app.

When I check my files and pack it (as a zip file) I can see the files needed:

- a swf,

- app.xml

- RDK.SF
- RDK.EC
- MANIFEST.MF
- AURTHOR.SF
- AUTHOR.EC

-an icon 86x86

I am close to "give up", anybody else having the same problem?

Please use plain text.
Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

Re: Impossible to sign, only me?

Did they deny your apps because the of the signing or other reasons?
Did you try signing your app and deploying it on your test-device? (without using a debug token).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cujino

Because of the signing, I got:

"Application is not signed correctly."

You should have the following files as a general rule as an end result when signing your application:
- RDK.SF
- RDK.EC
- MANIFEST.MF
- AURTHOR.SF
- AUTHOR.EC

These should all be contained within your .BAR file

I can see those files inside the zip file I upload, so I am wondering if the upload to their site "removes" some contents, or I am missing something on the app.xml or... ???

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cujino

• when testing on my playbook I get "Error writing to server" (have a debug token installed)

But I have also tried to launch other unsigned files without success (on the playbook,, it works on the simulator)...

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

If it's really signed, you'll be able to install on your PlayBook without using a debug token. If you can't, it's not really signed.

Also have you checked with the "blackberry-signer -verify" option that it's really signed? Likely that will give you the same results as the test house is seeing, so at least you can stop just submitting (possibly) unsigned packages and speed up your troubleshooting of this problem.

Also, though I know their email often had a typo, check that you really don't have an AURTHOR.SF file... that's not the right spelling.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cujino

Thanks a lot for your input.

Did not know about the -verify command. Gave it a shot and got a "This bar contains unsigned entries which have not been integrity-checked"

So I am going to re run the hole process from ordering a Code signing key, just to make sure I don´t miss a detail.

I will write the results on this post to make sure others can use yours and my input.

By the way.When compiling with Flash CS5 the app.xml has a lot of standart tags for AIR. Do you have an example on what is needed on that xml?

thanks again

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cujino

Solved.

I had two problems:

When compiling using the command line I used my "author" name instead of the word author. Then some of the files on my bar package seemed to be signed, but had the wrong name (AUTHOR.EF was MYNAME.EF)

My other problem was that when deploying to the device I was "repackaging" and destroying my signed file.

So I used blackberry-deploy to run my already packaged file on the device:

blackberry-deploy -installApp -device <ip.number.here> <appname.bar> -password <devicepassword>

So not impossible, just needed some practive :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.