Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
tareqismail
My Carrier: N/A

In-app promotion VS In-app upgrade?

Hello all,

We released our first game, Keep Up!, for the Playbook before the launch of the device. It's a free game that has done fairly well with 31 reviews and over 10,000+ downloads. We've now developed a paid sequel, Keep Up! 2, and are thinking of the best way to attract original Keep Up! users to.

We've come up with the following two options:

(1) In-app Promotion

Keep Up! will be updated with a small, unobtrusive, button that encourages the reader to find out more. Something like "Want a real challenge? Keep Up! 2 is here!" Once the user presses the button, an full screen ad will appear describing the new features in Keep Up! 2 and with a button that takes the user straight to App World to buy the app.

(2) In-app Upgrade

Pretty much the same as (1) but rather than a button taking them to App World to install Keep Up! 2, the button will be an in-app purchase that will 'upgrade' their existing Keep Up! game to the new Keep Up! 2 features.

What do you guys think? Which one would you recommend?

Anyone read any material from other developers about the success of in-app purchases?

The new Keep Up! 2 was just featured in App World so I'm eager to update Keep Up! to give it some more momentum!

Thanks everyone!

--

Tareq Ismail

szello

Keep Up! 2 | How long can you keep it up?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: In-app promotion VS In-app upgrade?

Normally I would recomend an in-app upgrade, but because you are already offering this as two different apps in AppWorld you are probably better off just promoting your paid app.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.