Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

In case anyone is still having a doubt Signing is not required for the free PB offer.

According to the following tweet:

Research In Motion

For today’s  offer deadline, signing your app isn't required. It's needed for users to install your app, but not for the offer.

Please use plain text.
Developer
AppStoreLover
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

Re: In case anyone is still having a doubt Signing is not required for the free PB offer.

[ Edited ]

My suggestion to others: I wouldn't risk not signing the app for the offer, even if you find the process complicated (it isn't).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Logicon211
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: In case anyone is still having a doubt Signing is not required for the free PB offer.

Its good news for me as I messed up the process and I require a new key. I'm waiting for it now but it would really suck if I missed out because of it.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ajerman
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: AT&T

AppStoreLover wrote:

My suggestion to others: I wouldn't risk not signing the app for the offer, even if you find the process complicated (it isn't).

There wouldn't be a risk if they just said it's not required. I can't get signing to work right now personally, but my app is submitted unsigned so I'm still good for the offer.

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

I requested code signing keys yesterday - yes it was that late because I wasn't sure I'd even make it, and also because anecdotally the requests were getting turned around in around 8 hours, but it is going on 24 hours now since my signing key request and no sign of them yet.  I have blackberry.com, rim.com, and tmgideas.com whitelisted in my email address book and I cleared out my spam folder so I could scan new messages landing there, but so far, nothing is showing up.  Likely they are slammed today.  

Anyone else requesting keys in the last 24 hours - have you gotten them yet?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bvictorio
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Any

Great.  I really don't want to have a late night again trying to figure out the command line signing.  Just submitted my app at 1 am today.  And only found out just now that signing didn't even work with FlashBuilder.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Logicon211
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

Not yet for me no. Probably put mine in around 20 hours ago.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ajerman
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: AT&T

I think I got my keys in a matter of hours on.... Monday I think. But yeah, they are probably very busy. Since they aren't requiring it signed for the offer, and people were saying they were getting their vendor requests approved fast, I suspect they are focusing on approving vendor requests rather than signing requests right now.

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

@ajerman - yeah that makes sense.
Please use plain text.