Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
aceperry
My Carrier: Sprint

Initial install of simulator 0.9.3 issue

Hello,

This may be something that I missed but couldn't find an answer to my problem.  I just followed all of the directions in the Tablet_OS_Getting_Started_Guide for installing the simulator under VMware player.  At the end of the "New Virtual Machine Wizard",  when you click "Finish",  the instructions says:

=========

17. When your virtual machine starts for the first time, you are prompted to overwrite /dev/hd0 with the QNX®
demonstration. Type Y, then press ENTER.

17. When your virtual machine starts for the first time, you are prompted to overwrite /dev/hd0 with the QNX®demonstration. Type Y, then press ENTER.

18. After the simulator boots, click I have finished installing.

==========

I didn't get the prompt to overwrite /dev/hd0, instead I got a message from vmware saying, "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system.  You will need to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point."  I get a black screen, after I click the vmware message, nothing happens.  Resetting or powering off and on the virtual machine gets the same result.  I was wondering if I missed something or how to get the simulator running correctly.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
RufusA

Re: Initial install of simulator 0.9.3 issue

Not seen this myself, but it looks like it's an issue with VMWare rather than the simulator per-se.

If you are running the VM from a laptop, first start might be to disable SpeedStep :

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/101

If that doesn't do it, it could be an error with the vmx file, try searching the vmware kb, or posting on the communities forum there.

Rufus.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Aman_vivek
My Carrier: no

Re: Initial install of simulator 0.9.3 issue

RufusA wrote:

Not seen this myself, but it looks like it's an issue with VMWare rather than the simulator per-se.

Rufus.

This is not the issue of VMWare, to resolve this issue

Use Space button to read EULA then press Y.

Please use plain text.