Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
manikantan
My Device: -
Accepted Solution

Initial problems in development

This is my first app for Blackberry Playbook and when I created a new Flex project and had the default MXML file in my project ( have only set size to 1024 X 640 ), I get 25 errors 

UNABLE TO RESOLVE RESOURCE BUNDLE 'COLLECTIONS' for 'local en_US'.

CAn you tell me how to proceed ?

Thanks

New Contributor
vidyasekar
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Initial problems in development

hi friend...

you may try in Actionscript...

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/21866/BlackBerry_Tablet_OS_SDK_for_Adobe_AIR-G...

this link have the sample application development steps...

i hope this will make you to do the playbook apps

thanks...:manhappy:

Contributor
Balavenkatesh
My Device: Not Specified

Hi ppl,

I am working on a project in which i have to use servlet to get the input from the html and response back. For this, i need to include java file in Blackberry widget project but while configuring the project to Dynamic Web Project only i can use Java file. But after converting to Dynamic Web project the blackberry simulator is not invoked. Your response wil be highly appreciated . Thanking you in advance.

Developer
gluth
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

manikantan wrote:

This is my first app for Blackberry Playbook and when I created a new Flex project and had the default MXML file in my project ( have only set size to 1024 X 640 ), I get 25 errors 

UNABLE TO RESOLVE RESOURCE BUNDLE 'COLLECTIONS' for 'local en_US'.

CAn you tell me how to proceed ?

Thanks

Do not use MXML, it is currently unsupported and run at very slow level on simulator. To resolve this kind of error you must specify additional paths to the compiler.

On "Flex compiler" setting in project settings in eclipse there is a field called "Additional compiler arguments" insert there something like this:

-locale en_US -source-path "P:\Adobe\Builder\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.1.0\frameworks\locale\{locale}"

This P:\... path is for my environment, change it to yours, you should add all "locale" directories from environment to this path (just add additionals -source-path parameters). But, as I sad previously, do not use mx based controls, they are very slow, and unsupported.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Regular Contributor
manikantan

Thanks for pointing out the getting started PDF. 

I think there is a confusion in the document itself. It says CREATE AN ACTIONSCRIPT PROJECT, whereas the procedures direct me to create a new Flex project and associate the SDK with Blackberry's. And then my main src file is an actionscript file and not a MXML file( as in Flex).

Can someone clarify this ?

Developer
bradcarvey
My Device: PlayBook

What you are actually doing is creating an AIR project and using Actionscript.  With FlashBuilder 4 to create an AIR application, you must select a "Flex Project", not an "Actionscript Project".  Because the Playbook is currently only supporting Actionscriipt, you need to change the "Main application file" from the default mxml file type to an as (action script) file type.

Brad

Regular Contributor
manikantan

Thanks..

All is fine now..