Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
reumerd
My Device: 9900
Accepted Solution

Installation of Tablet SDK - finished with errors - No Debug Configuration

[ Edited ]

I can succesfully install the table SDk and create applications in my own Eclipse Helios environment, but received the following error durng installation:

Text for description in qnx.ui.picker:smileytongue:icker is not valid.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.

I'm using Adobe Flash Builder 4 and updated the 4.0.0 flex SDK dir installation, with the Adobe Air 2.5 SDK (extracted over that 4.0 dir) and pointed the installer to my Helios Elipse and the 4.0. Flex SDK dir.

I've read I need to upgrade my Flash Builder to 4.0.1 zo I'll try to do that, also to fix my issue with the debug configuration not showing up in eclipse for the Tablet OS:

No tablet Debug Config.jpg

Some more information:

I've tried all the suggestions from this thread and forum, but the Debug configuration still doesn't show up in my Eclipse IDE.

Note this has all been done from scratch (as I needed to update my Eclipse anyway for the BlackBerry Web Plugin 2.5)

I've installed Eclipse Helios 3.6.1

With Flash Builder Plugin 4.0.1

Extracted the Adobe Air SDK 2.5 into the sdks directory in the directory sdks\AdobeAirSDK\

Installed the Tablet OS SDK for Adobe Air

I can propely create the AIRHelloWorld application and also use the manual .bat builder to compile and load my application in the VM PlayBook, where it works as designed.

But I can't find the Debug option for the PlayBook Tablet OS as mentionned in the getting started documentation.

What might I be missing ?

Windows 7 32 bit.

Many thanks for any help.

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Installation of Tablet SDK - finished with errors - No Debug Configuration

Are you running the installation and Adobe Flash Builder as an administrator?  There have been reports of the options not showing up under Run/Debug As if you didn't run them as admin.

After they appear, you can go back to using a non admin account.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
reumerd

I've rerun all installers (Flash Builder Plugin 4.0.1 and Tablet OS AIR SDK) as an administrator and started the Flash Builder and my own Eclipse Running as an Administrator, but the Debug configuration still doesn't show unfortunatly.

I can give the full Flash Builder 4.0.1 a try and see how that goes, but for now no luck.

If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Developer
reumerd

" In the Tablet OS SDK installed folder, there is a sub-folder "Eclipse", inside it there is a file called "blackberry-tablet-sdk.link". Copy this file to your Eclipse 3.6.1 "dropins" folder, restart your Eclipse IDE you should see the PlayBook Tablet OS SDK in your launch config. "

From another thread. fixed the issue.

Developer
CTR1
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320

Could you possibly explain your found solution in more detail, I'm more familiar with Eclipse and thus would prefer to use it, that and it's not a trial like FB is...I'm new but am kind of stuck at this point. Thanks!

C41vin Tirr311
O.O -_-
-Look through the posts before posting a new question.
-Kudo people who posted something you found helpful.
Developer
CTR1
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320

Please ignore my comment...I just found out that the FB Eclipse plug in is also on a trial as well...thus meaning that unless someone is able to devise a way to use Eclipse/other program to write AS/AIR apps then looks like most of us will have to drop the $250 for FB :robotsad:

C41vin Tirr311
O.O -_-
-Look through the posts before posting a new question.
-Kudo people who posted something you found helpful.
Contributor
lushdog
My Device: Curve

Dev manager of a 10 year RIM ISV here.

I too have this issue and connot resolve it.

Obviously cannot continue development until this issue is resolved.

Any other immediate support methods available?