Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
Stryker908
My Device: Not Specified

Installing .bar file on Virtual Machine

Hi All- 

I developed my app using my Mac, but I have the tablet Virtual Machine running on my PC. How do I install the .bar file on the Virtual Machine running on my PC? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Installing .bar file on Virtual Machine

hey,

i've never attempted this but theoretically it should work. This will work only if you are on the same network and your windows machine is accessible via the network.

On your windows machine:

In the VMware network settings, choose the Bridged option. After doing so restart your simulator and go into dev mode. This should create a bridge between your Window's machine's connection to the router and the VMware simulator resulting in recieving an actual IP from the router that all your computers are on.

Now that you are in dev mode take a note of your simulator's IP address. It should be similar to the IP address of both your windows and mac minus the last octet.

On your mac:

In flash builder, do the same thing you would do if the simulator was on your mac. Set up the IP address from the simulator just as it is in the dev mode popup in the simulator on the windows machine. And set up the host debug machine IP as the IP that your mac has from the router.

then try to connect. see if that pans out. let me know how it turns out. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.