Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
rahuljaiswal_1987
My Device: Not Specified

Integrating Tablet OS SDK with Eclipse IDE

How can i integrate Tablet OS SDK with my Eclipse IDE as we do for BlackBerry Phone SDK to develop apps?

Regards,

Rahul Jaiswal

Please use plain text.
Retired
andyjin

Re: Integrating Tablet OS SDK with Eclipse IDE

Tablet OS SDK is designed to integrate with Adobe Flash Bilder which is an Eclipse based IDE. When installing the Tablet OS SDK choose yes to integrate with Flash Builder and select the location where Flash Builder is installed, the installer will finish the integration for you. No manual step is required.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
rahuljaiswal_1987

is it possible to write Java application for Tablet OS? If yrs then can i use Flash Builder for coding Java? I am new to Flash Builder. Please help!!!

Regards,

Rahul Jaiswal

Please use plain text.
Retired
andyjin

There is no Java VM running on the Tablet OS to run your Java app. There could be plan in the future to support it but at this time the answer is no.

Flash Builder does not come with the Java Development Tools (JDT). Since it's Eclipse based you should be able to install JDT to it. I haven't tried it though.

Please use plain text.
Developer
fnicollet

Hi, you can install the JDT directly from Flash Builder (Help > Install new Software)

- New (name: Eclipse, location: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo/)

- Under Programming Languages, tick JDT and next next next finish yes yes yes blabla

Or you can download the Eclipse version for J2EE developpers and install the Flash Builder plugin on top of it :smileywink:

Hope this helps,

Fabien

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the white star and provide a Kudo!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

[ Edited ]

I installed Flash Builder to Eclipse, but when I went to install the SDK it said it couldn't find the "sdks" and "dropins" folders. Any one else experence that?

Nevermind, the installer didn't actually look for Flash Builder, it just defaulted a folder. Thus I ended up with the wrong folder.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.