Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
shevbg
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Invalid namespace Adobe Air 3.4

Hi all,

In the past, I did not have any issues testing my app on my playbook device via WiFi and using Flash Builder 4.6.

After reformatting, I installed Flash Builder 4.7 along with the newest Adobe AIR and Playbook SDK. 

Now when I try to run my application on the Playbook, Flash Builder gives me the following error:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

Packaging failed:1
C:\Users\Ivan\AppData\Local\Temp\bar-app6278851740483465636.xml: error 102: Invalid namespace http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.4
Error: AIR validation failed

My appname-app.xml file contains:

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.4">

I have followed all the current instructions on the Getting Started page. As instructed, I have changed my compiler options to force compiling for AIR 3.1. If I try to modify the XML file to use 3.1, I get this error:

Namespace 3.1 in the application descriptor file should be equal or higher than the minimum version 3.4 required by AIR SDK .

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Invalid namespace Adobe Air 3.4

Need to set -app.xml file header to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.1">

BB does not yet support AIR 3.4.

Flash Builder will default to the latest AIR version.
Contributor
shevbg

When I change the -app.xml file to 3.1, I get the error that I mentioned in my first post... :/

Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

There are some special instructions for using the current SDK with FB 4.7:

https://developer.blackberry.com/air/documentation/bb10/install_bbtos_sdk_fb47.html#mah1354047470595

"There is an option to integrate with Flash Builder, this is for Flash Builder 4.6. Do not select the Flash Builder checkbox."

I haven't grabbed the FB4.7 trial so have not followed these myself, but just to double check, did you

follow the instructions at the above link, and do they look the same as you did when you tried to install?

The support pages have been in flux, so what is posted now might be diffferent from what was posted

when you tried to follow the getting started guide.

Contributor
shevbg

I did check the box to integrate with Flash Builder the first time I installed it, but then re-installed following all those instructions but I still get the same issue :/ 

Perhaps I have to re-install Flash Builder and start the entire process over...unless someone can offer another solution. 

Developer
UberschallSamsara

Maybe try uninstalling just the BB10 SDK and reinstalling before you go to the effort of uninstalling Flash Builder?

Contributor
shevbg

I agree...but there does not seem to be a direct way of uninstalling the SDK...

Re-running the installer does not give an uninstall option and I don't see how else to do a legit "uninstall"

Developer
UberschallSamsara

Nor is there an entry under Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.  You could try simply deleting the entire folder where you installed the BB SDK and then re-running the installer.  I don't know for sure but maybe the installer writes configuration files into your BB SDK install directory that do the Flash Builder integration.  AIR SDK installs are just an unzip, so maybe the BB AIR SDK install is an unzip plus the installer editing some config files.

Regular Contributor
testworks
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

jtegen wrote:
Need to set -app.xml file header to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.1">

BB does not yet support AIR 3.4.

Flash Builder will default to the latest AIR version.

The documentation here says otherwise:

https://developer.blackberry.com/air/documentation/bb10/gsg_change_runtime_fb.html

If you are importing a project from a previous version of the BlackBerry 10 SDK for Adobe AIR, you must update the namespace of your project to version 3.4.

Anyway, follow the steps from the above link and you should be good to go :Balloon:

Contributor
shevbg

I just followed the entire tutorial on a different computer, completely fresh install, and I have the exact same issue as my original post.

There is a problem on both computers however:

As per the instructions, when creating a new ActionScript Mobile Project, everything is ok until I add the ActionScript Native Extensions. When I select them, instead of having a green checkmark next to them like in the tutorial, I get a red X and an error message saying:

This ANE does not support Desktop(Windows) platform.

The 2 (and only 2) ANEs are QNXNetwork.ane and QNXSensors.ane

I have read the tutorial carefully multiple times. Perhaps I am overlooking something....or others must be running into the same issue. I did not have this problem when working with Flash Builder 4.6, but now I cannot find an installer for 4.6...