Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
szhuo
My Device: Blackberry 8520

Is there anyway to test MultiTouch?

Hello, I'm thinking of making an app with multitouch. Is there anyway to test MultiTouch on the simulator? Thanks.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Developer
dkerr
My Device: Playbook

Re: Is there anyway to test MultiTouch?

I build a desktop version of the Air app and test multi-touch there first.  If it works there, it will work on PlayBook.   At least you can test gestureEvents on the Mac trackpad without buy a touch supported PC like HP Touchsmart, like I have.

I think that Adobe's device Central allows you to simulate touch, but I haven't used it yet.

My guess is that it won't be high priority to add into the BB Simulator right away.  So, I'm just waiting for the device and testing on my Android version of the same app on my android device for now.

Don

Don Kerr
Manager, Space City Adobe User Group
Houston, Tx
www.spacecityaug.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheDarkIn1978
My Device: PlayBook

[ Edited ]

just to note, as mentioned in the Adobe Max keynote, the PlayBook supports 4 simultaneous touch points.  you can test this in the simulator as well:

//Imports
import flash.ui.Multitouch;

//Multitouch
trace("Max Touch Points: " + Multitouch.maxTouchPoints);  //traces "Max Touch Points: 4" 

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Please use plain text.
Contributor
szhuo
My Device: Blackberry 8520

Thanks for the reply. I do have a mac, I will try that. Also, as TheDarkIn1978 said I can test multitouch on the simulator, do I require the touch pad from macbook or it also works on pc? What's the special keys or mouse moves I have to do?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey szhuo,

Darkin simply stated that you can test for availbility by running is snippet. however you cannt do any special multi touch gestures just yet inside the simulator. We are all waiting patiently for it :smileyindifferent:

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheDarkIn1978
My Device: PlayBook

[ Edited ]

sorry for the confusion, i don't think you can actually test multitouch on the PlayBook simulator, not yet anyway, but you can test if the simulator (device) does support multitouch and how many touch points it supports.

i believe the MacBook trackpad can only be used to test for gestures (swiping, panning, pinch zooming) but not actual multitouch as the MacBook returns 0 for Multitouch.maxTouchPoints.

you'll need a device that has multitouch capability, or as dkerr mentioned you can use Adobe Device Central CS5 to test up to 2 touch points.  here's information to show you how to do this with Flash Professional CS5:  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/devicecentral/cs/using/WSd4cd740162cb90d2228e2ecc124b85944b9-7fff.html

[EDIT]  here's some better information:  http://blogs.adobe.com/actionscriptdocs/2010/06/test_your_flash_platform_andro.html

it would be pretty cool if RIM or Adobe releases an emulator profile that would work for Device Central when they release their Flash Professional CS5 Packager for PlayBook.  

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ryantan
My Device: Not Specified

Hi all, just created a device profile for Playbook on the Device Central Library. By no means a perfect device profile but hey its usable =P

cheers,
Ryan
Please use plain text.
Developer
gluth
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

But how can I load my Flash Builder Air app into Device Central?

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ryantan
My Device: Not Specified

When you test run your app in Flash Builder, you'll see the compiled .swf in the bin-debug folder. You can open that in Device Central

cheers,
Ryan
Please use plain text.
Developer
gluth
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

It fails b/c there are no air specific classes available, it throws errors about nativewindow classes and similar. I will try to remove these references (with functions) and try again, but in strict I did not found good way to test air apps in that tool. When, oh, when there will be simulator with touch simulation enabled....

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Please use plain text.