Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
OMA2k
My Carrier: Yoigo

Issue reuploading corrected version of a rejected app: "Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle"

[ Edited ]
I recently submitted a new application (AppWorld Id# 85011) during the free Playbook promotion that was held during the first few weeks of February. A few days ago (23rd of February) I got informed that it was rejected because of a picture that showed a non-Blackberry device (silly mistake in my part). After I corrected this, I've tried to upload a new version of the application, but I got the following message:
"File bundle (xxxxxx.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle"
I signed the package with new CSJ keys because I was getting another error with the old ones, and I couldn't continue anyway. I thought with new keys the problem would be solved, but now it seems I'm stuck without being able to upload a new version of my app.
I've read in these forums that I need my old keys to upload a new version of my existing app, but I can't use them anymore, because I only have the original *.csj files, but not the "barsigner.*" files.
Is there any way I can fix this? If it's not possible to fix it, is it possible that someone at Blackberry Vendor Portal can delete my old application so I can upload it again?
Also, if I end up uploading a new application, can I still benefit from the promotion? I uploaded my app in the original timeframe of the promotion, and I received a mail telling me that I can "modify and resubmit that app for approval as long as the app was originally submitted during the qualifying period". So, I hope Blackberry accepts a new submission, unless there's a way to fix the keys issue or get the old keys working.
I tried asking about this in this form: https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109
but I still don't have any reply. Is there somewhere else I can write?
I hope someone from the Blackberry staff can help me.
Thanks for reading.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Issue reuploading corrected version of a rejected app: "Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle"

It is is a new set of keys that you had to use, remove the current app from sales, create a new app and upload the app with the new key. The offer period still has a few days to go. Apps cannot be deleted from the vendor portal.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
OMA2k

Re: Issue reuploading corrected version of a rejected app: "Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle"

Thanks a lot for your answer. I hadn't realized they've extended the free Playbook offer up to March, 2nd.

In that case I'll try uploading it as a completely new application.

But how come I can't delete my own applications from the AppWorld?

How do I "remove the current app from sales"? I don't find any option to that effect in the Vendor Portal.

Will I be able to use the same app name? (I mean the reverse domain name "air.com.mycompany.myname")

Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Carrier: Verizon

If it has not been approved yet and you previously posted an app for sale, then the "remove from sale" link under the application name will probably not be there. You cannot delete an app from app world. Just create a new app/product and the old one will just linger their for decades. You might want to rename the "bad" one so you know.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Acenet
My Carrier: -

Hello,

if you miss only the barsigner.db file, proposed a way to build it back here:

Thread

JC
Please use plain text.
New Developer
OMA2k

[ Edited ]

Thanks a lot for the tip. So, from what can I gather from that thread, I can regenerate the barsigner.db by just editing my current barsigner.db and replacing current RDK client number with the old one, which appears in the subject line of the mail RIM sends when registering the old CSJ (mail which I still have).

Ok, I can do that, but what if the barsigner.csk file was also overwritten? I've tested a few times, and I see that each time you generate a csk file, even with the very same password, the "PrivateKey" and "Salt" strings are different, so I suppose I can't get the previous values back, and I suspect that using different PrivateKey and Salt strings will get me in the end a package that will again be refused in the AppWorld Vendor Portal with a similar error message. Am I right?

So I guess my only option is uploading a new different application and leave the old one there...

This is my first AppWorld application, and I feel the whole signing process is very counter-intuitive, and much more complex than it should, specially if a little mistake can cause you ruining your app forever. Imagine if instead of a rejected app, I accidentally overwrite the keys of an already published app with lots of users! Then I couldn't update that app ever again! And I've seen people in these forums complaining about just that problem!

And I thought Apple's signing and uploading process was bad enough...

Please use plain text.