Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

Issues with PB backup via BB Desktop Software

Has anyone else also experienced issues with backing up his PlayBook data using BlackBerry Desktop Software? On my laptop after a short period of time I get the following error:

Error message

I am using version 6.0.2.44 (released April 25, 2011; Bundle 45).

Also updating the BPB OS via the Desktop Software failed.

Eugene

My PlayBook App: Checklists
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

Re: Issues with PB backup via BB Desktop Software

[ Edited ]

Hello,

yes, I have also a backup error when I try to perform a backup now.

I performed a backup a few days ago: no prblem, the bbb file is available.

Now when I backup, the process sstarts normally, I see the progression bar (saving xxx Mb over xxxMb), and at some point, I have an error popup saying that backup couldn't be done, and ask me to check my connexction with the PlayBook....

I tried to uninstall/reinstall BB Desktop Soft: same pb.

So the backup is broken ?

Edit: the pb is when saving "App" (or full data): Around 99%, there's an error popup about a device connection pb...

JC
Developer

[ Edited ]

Hello,

no news about this bug ?

I performed a reset of the playbook, install some app. and did a full backup: no problem.

Now few days later, after installing some more app.) I try again to do a full backup: same issue. Around 99%, backup is cancelled with "connection error".

Any news ? Is there an open bug already ? or a workaround ?

EDIT: I just found this error log, Elena, if you're around, is this helping ? Do I have to create a bug for this issue ?

09:38:27.375|DEBUG|46|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[BBBackup::EndArchive:] BBBackup::EndArchive()
09:38:27.375|ERROR|46|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[Rim::Desktop::Services::RichmondDevice::BackupRestore::RichmondBackupRestoreDeviceService::BackupDeviceInternal] BackupRestoreException during Backup: RichmondBackupRestoreDeviceService::BackupDeviceInternal - (BackupCheck) An error occured during download operation - Device not reporting Success - Status: Error
 - Error:
- Error ID: 2
- Description: Error.
Message:Expecting 'mode' attribute set to list of possible values: 'app', 'media' or 'settings'.
Backup ID:201105130738210
OS error message:No such process

09:38:27.406|ERROR|46|Rim.Desktop.BackupRestore|0|Backup exception: BackupRestore detail error = DeviceError, message: RichmondBackupRestoreDeviceService::BackupDeviceInternal - (BackupCheck) An error occured during download operation - Device not reporting Success - Status: Error
 - Error:
- Error ID: 2
- Description: Error.
Message:Expecting 'mode' attribute set to list of possible values: 'app', 'media' or 'settings'.
Backup ID:201105130738210
OS error message:No such process

JC
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

There's apparently a known issue involving backing up app code/data (i.e. supposedly not media) when the total is more than about 1GB. If you have a fresh unit it will likely back up nicely, but once you throw in enough app downloads and their data (possibly including cached stuff in some cases) it will likely stop working.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
Developer

Hello Peter, thanks for the update.

I've been encounter issues with total data around 670 MB indeed, it may be related to the total size.

Well, pending issues I guess...

JC