Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Issues with the PercentageBar Component

Hey Guys - Just wondering if any one has had issues with the PercentageBar component when you set the height of the component. When I set the height on my percentagebar to say be 50 pixels, the comonent appropriately grows to 50 pixels but the green fill of the bar doesn change size and ends up being like a third the height of the rest of the component. You can see a screenshot of what I am talking about here... http://www.allkappssoftware.com/apps/screens/screen.jpg

Like all of my posts
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Issues with the PercentageBar Component

Have you tried setting the SizeUnit?

Check it out here: http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/airapi/1.0.0/qnx/ui/progress/PercentageBar.html

Developer

Im not using the .size property of the component, but maybe I should just try setting it to 100 and Percent just in case. I am basically using the sample code from the api docs similar to this

myPercentage = new PercentageBar();
myPercentage.setPosition(400, 300);
myPercentage.width = 200;
myPercentage.height = 50;
myPercentage.label = "Loading..."
Like all of my posts
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Yeah, try that. It should fill in the size of the container that it is in, so as long as that is sized and positioned the way you want, it should look ok.

I am finding that QNX doesn't always work the way it is described in the docs.

Developer

Yea. The weird thing is, is that that shaded part is actually a part of the component. Its not the container I am placing it in. So its like part of the component respects the size but the other doesnt want to. Ill let everyone know what size and sizeunit ends up doing

Like all of my posts
Developer

No luck with the size or sizeunit
Like all of my posts