Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
sputn1k
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Just submited my app 31/03/2011 at 00:04

@kai001- so fast at submitting or signing?

Yeah basically they send you a email once you submit the app then they state just to make it clear i guess you add "_signed" to the bundle upload (mine was ssigned originally so I just re-uploaded the same BAR file as version 1.0.2 with appname_signed) as MacWarrior says not needed for submission just to be able to download and sell via Blackberry App World :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheDarkIn1978
My Device: PlayBook

sputn1k wrote:

was confused with the Vendor Portal when uploading the bar file 

you're not alone.  uploading  a file in the vendor portal is completely ridiculous.  only after you select price, licensing, descriptions and screenshots can you upload the bar file.

then, once you finally reach the page to upload the file the first button you see is "upload batch files" or something as equally confusing.  batch files?  what batch files. it's just a single .bar file.  then, if you're a genius, you'll immediately notice that at the bottom of the screen there's a tiny little button in a colum for uploading the .bar file.

once that is done you're presented with 80 different screens that require you to press the accept button.  "ok", "yes", "submit for approval", "submit for review", "just submit", "another button to press", "oh look, yet another button".

i mean, jesus.  clearly that portal was not designed by someone who specializes in streamlined layout design or even common sense.  perhaps it was designed by the same person who created this web forum that decided it would be best to not include something as fundamental as auto spellcheck.  now if you'll excuse me, i have to press the "Spell Check" button now.  :smileymad:

/rant

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

You could submit an "issue" to  the BB database with your suggestion in how to make it better.

Please use plain text.
Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook

On the vendor portal screen i tried like 4 time to write my decription but I didn't finish before the session time out and I kept having to redo it before I realize what was happening. I thought there was a bug on the description page!
Please use plain text.